Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #16
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
And its yet another snap in, hard to remove same type 3rd party cover there already are a bunch.

I wish someone made one like the official, but cheaper. I'd get a backup. The non removable ones are just useless to me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #17
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
any reason why other manufactures are not producing this design? is it because amazon has a patent on it?
a case with magnets ... too generic to have a patent. Maybe the cost and difficulty of tuning (tell it to Amazon) does not compensate.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #18
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
a case with magnets ... too generic to have a patent. Maybe the cost and difficulty of tuning (tell it to Amazon) does not compensate.
And there is a lot of magnets. I am counting 16 magnets in the back (along the 3 thin sides mainly) and 6 in the front. Elaborate design too with the ones in a row with alternating polarity. That is why it is snapping in place only one way. There has to be magnets inside the oasis too.

Picture shows nicely where the magnets are thanks to the tiny metal shavings from my work that naturally attract to them.

I bet it is a job and a half to make an aftermarket case work by reverse engineering (a simple dummy mold of an Oasis won't do).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KOA2magnets.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	161479  
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 AM   #19
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
And there is a lot of magnets. I am counting 16 magnets in the back (along the 3 thin sides mainly) and 6 in the front. Elaborate design too with the ones in a row with alternating polarity. That is why it is snapping in place only one way. There has to be magnets inside the oasis too.

Picture shows nicely where the magnets are thanks to the tiny metal shavings from my work that naturally attract to them.

I bet it is a job and a half to make an aftermarket case work by reverse engineering (a simple dummy mold of an Oasis won't do).
Buff...when I see that picture, I can not imagine how Amazon can redesign the cover keeping the basic idea (which I love). I naively thought that putting some more magnets was already solved...🤨

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #20
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I’m not sure I should admit this but I sent both my Oasis 2 Covers back when they were first pulled as the magnets were not that stable when using the cases as a stand. I had both the Merlot Leather and the Water Safe Blue.

It didn’t take me long to regret my hastily decision. Then out of nowhere both my cases turned up as warehouse seconds and I was able to rebuy them. It was at the same time they were also offering 20% off Amazon cases. I saved over £35 buying them back compared to the refund I got.

Slinks off quietly..........
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #21
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I’m not sure I should admit this but I sent both my Oasis 2 Covers back when they were first pulled as the magnets were not that stable when using the cases as a stand. I had both the Merlot Leather and the Water Safe Blue.

It didn’t take me long to regret my hastily decision. Then out of nowhere both my cases turned up as warehouse seconds and I was able to rebuy them. It was at the same time they were also offering 20% off Amazon cases. I saved over £35 buying them back compared to the refund I got.

Slinks off quietly..........

Used covers, returned covers, are being sold on Amazon in the U.S. The price is $85. The product page includes:

"This cover is designed to personalize your Kindle Oasis, while protecting the display from dust and scratches when not in use. It is not built to protect against accidental drops. It fits the contours of your Kindle Oasis without fully wrapping the device, leaving the corners and the handgrip portion of the aluminum back uncovered. We recommend detaching before reading for the lightest possible one-handed experience."

What I always wanted. A cover that protects the device from dust when not in use, provides no protection from drops, and is recommended removed before reading on the Oasis2.

FWIW, there are a lot of other covers for the Oasis 2 for sale on Amazon. Fintie and Moko are two companies selling them.

I returned my Oasis 2 and have no regrets, either. For $250, I was not impressed and without a cover that offers protection I think I'll pass.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #22
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Used covers, returned covers, are being sold on Amazon in the U.S. The price is $85. The product page includes:

"This cover is designed to personalize your Kindle Oasis, while protecting the display from dust and scratches when not in use. It is not built to protect against accidental drops. It fits the contours of your Kindle Oasis without fully wrapping the device, leaving the corners and the handgrip portion of the aluminum back uncovered. We recommend detaching before reading for the lightest possible one-handed experience."

What I always wanted. A cover that protects the device from dust when not in use, provides no protection from drops, and is recommended removed before reading on the Oasis2.

FWIW, there are a lot of other covers for the Oasis 2 for sale on Amazon. Fintie and Moko are two companies selling them.

I returned my Oasis 2 and have no regrets, either. For $250, I was not impressed and without a cover that offers protection I think I'll pass.
The warehouse returned covers were less than the retail price plus I got an additional 20% off each cover. I’m very happy I got them back, the compliment the Oasis 2 better than any third party case (I have three ) and I love my Oasis 2, more than any other Kindle i’ve ever owned.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #23
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I ordered a cover, and except for the price, I am very happy with it. I also ordered a third party case, because it was $15 and it was purple. Well, it shipped on December 12 and it isn't due until January 24th. There is no tracking. I assume it is on a boat somewhere. I will return it on the morning of the 25th, because we are leaving and will no longer be able to accept delivery.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote