Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #46
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
That's true but without Bannon's insight there would be no fire or fury. Wolf wrote it, but all most people will know is that it's from Bannon's point of view.
So you've read it?
Old 01-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think the reality is that many people will be recommending it and one more won't matter, but it will bump you up the eventual waiting list if they do purchase it and you want to read it just the same. At least that was my theory when I recommended it to my various OverDrive libraries.
Two notices just hit my inbox: I'm #153 on 25 copies at one library and #118 on 6 copies at another. So at least I'm right in my theory that one more recommendation wasn't going to matter!
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #48
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm flattered! And my public will thank you! be put to sleep in short order.
I hope you're not a veterinarian!!!

This isn't the kind of book I'm likely to read. There is plenty of real time news, analysis and opinion to keep me busy.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #49
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
It greeted me in this morning's email from Kobo. Thanks but no thanks. Though I might be tempted to read it if it ever does turn up at my library, presumably on a day my boredom has reached epic levels and I descend into desperation because there is nothing else left to read other than cereal boxes.

On second thought, I'll take the cereal boxes any day. :-p
Old 01-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #50
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If you write it about me, I'll arrange for you to receive a threatening letter from a lawyer, demanding that you not publish it -- for half the profits.
That's the best offer I've had so far.

Barry
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 08:16 PM   #51
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
So, in other words, it's gossip. Isn't it the job of the author to verify?
It seems Wolff has a reputation for being a bit loose with his quotes and facts. From what I've been reading he doesn't have a really bad reputation, just not a particularly good one.

Barry
Old 01-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #52
barryem
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it.
Oh I do! People still speak badly of me and everyone believes them.

Barry
Old 01-06-2018, 08:41 PM   #53
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Fire and Fury sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I wasn't remotely interested until a certain someone wanted it banned.

Isn't it funny how that works? I'm completely uninterested in it but I'm reading it when I get home.

And I started it a couple of hours ago. 😉

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-06-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #54
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
So you've read it?
Nope, I won't read it. It seems more tabloid than anything else to me. Others will enjoy it though.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #55
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
I want this version:

http://mashable.com/2018/01/06/fire-...y-pop-up-book/
Old 01-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #56
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
Nope, I won't read it. It seems more tabloid than anything else to me. Others will enjoy it though.
Considering the subject matter, tabloid treatment is inevitable.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #57
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Considering the subject matter, tabloid treatment is inevitable.
True, but also consider the author.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #58
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

My library loan came through, and I am reading the book now. It's bringing back memories of the last year that I'd tried to forget, and I keep moaning and/or wincing. Oh, the horror.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #59
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
At about 9 percent of the way through the book, Wolff refers to Steve Bannon as "Steven" instead of "Stephen," his given name. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to such a misspelling as I have a son named Stephen, but it does not bode well for Wolff's basic fact-checking.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #60
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
At about 9 percent of the way through the book, Wolff refers to Steve Bannon as "Steven" instead of "Stephen," his given name. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to such a misspelling as I have a son named Stephen, but it does not bode well for Wolff's basic fact-checking.
That's a proofreading error, and it seems to have occurred only once. I would not consider that error as indicative of a weakness in the author's fact-checking.
Closed Thread