Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
fordprefect
fordprefect began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Frozen Nook Simple touch

Well, I think it's frozen. got a screen reading something like "downloading update, please wait" and no response. Took it home later today and plugged it in to our desktop via USB cable, and it's not recognized, but now I have a message on the Nook screen saying "Your Nook's battery charge is too low to power on. Please wait 15 minutes." That was 1 1/2 hours ago.

Any clues?

Thanks for looking.
fordprefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
fordprefect
fordprefect began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Ok, well, to answer my own question, apparently a software update was broadcast and my Nook froze trying to pick it up and install it whilst asleep which depleted the battery. After a few hours of being plugged in and recycling between battery and update screens, it finally woke up and started charging and updating.

Weird though. Only bought it a couple of weeks ago. *crosses fingers*
fordprefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert