Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
christineb
christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW, iphone 4, ipad 3
Scholatic storia books

So I've recently learned that Scholastic has launched an ebook store through their iPad app storia. Does anyone know what format these books are in/what DRM they have? I have an iPad, but my son is using a Kindle fire now so I'm trying to convert so he can actually read them on his device.
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
On the Scholastic Storia Faq, they say:

Quote:
Storia eBooks are designed with unique learning features and enrichments that make them readable only while using the Storia eReading app.
So it'll be a proprietary format (or an extension of an existing one) that won't convert, DRM or not. There is, however an Android app which may work with the Fire. (I can't try it as both the Fire and the Storia app are only available in the US)
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert