Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Question Noobie here, can you help with some questions?

Hi, everyone - just got my 360 Plus and and am brand new to this forum.
1. The system font is too small for my eyes even with glasses - anyway to change it? I mean the font that is used in the browser address bar, for instance. It looks like you can change the style but not the size?
2. Using "sheeps" theme, I create a "Games" folder and copied the apps there, but the folder keeps disappearing and I have to recreate it. Do I need to change a config file?
3. In the browser:
a. How do I use the back and forward icons at the top - can't seem to get to them.
b. How do I bookmark a page?
c. Can I change the start page to a homemade page of my own links (I do this on my Zaurus 3200).
d. How do I backspace and erase letters when I make a mistake in typing an URL?
Also, the screen background is a dark shade of grey making it very difficult to read ebooks, Anyway to lighten the background? FBReader on my Zaurus allows you to change the background. Wow, I really love my Zaurus backlit screen but the PB360 blows it out of the water in sunlight or very bright conditions. In lowlight conditions the PB360 needs a whiter background though.
e. I can't sign into Yahoo. A line on the page says the CAPS lock is on but it is not on.
f. Wish this had the Opera browser - anybody port it yet?
g. What is the "Links" feature? Is it a browser? How do I use it?

I know this is a lot of questions but I am pretty much lost on this device. I did manage to get the FBReader180 with wrist turns installed and it seems to work fine. I did not copy or change any config files when I did that - should I have?
Thanks in advance. I have searched the forum but have not found answers to these questions...maybe I did not phrase the searches correctly.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Hope,
I do not have the Pb360 plus, only the PB360, however:
1) as far as I know, the system font is not the same as the browser font. For the system font, you should be able to change it from the configuration menu. As for the browser font, I think the solution is in this post (the firmware for the 360+ should be along the lines of the Pro, so it should work fine on your device).

2) with the new firmwares of the Pro (so also the 360+), the games directory has been replaced with the "applications" directory, so this is how you should rename it - if you look for recent posts by violetdreams, you'll see she had the same problem.

No idea about 3.

As for FBreader, if it works, great - I think the worst that can have happened if you have not changed its filename when copying it to your device is that now when you "open with" fbreader you only get the FBreader 180, and not the original one. If you want to use both, you should rename the FBreader 180 app file and change the configuration file to tell your device that it can use either reading software.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Paola, that's all a great help!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I have the 360 not the Plus model.

That being said, you can change the system font, but not the font size. At least I havent found a way to do it.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Hope
Zealot

Thanks, askyn, that's what I figured.
I put the apps in the Journals folder in the sheeps theme and that solved the disappearing apps problem.
The browser is the worst I have ever seen. Can't they get Opera mini? I use Opera on all my computers, pda's, etc. and it's great. I know it would cost them a bit but certainly worth it.
I did not jump through the hoops at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49#post1660903 to fix the browser...too much trouble. Did change that line in the current browser to no effect.
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
GinaA
GinaA began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Also a newbie here Hi Hope, I'm still searching my reader now, and really interested in PB360+. Can I ask your experience? I concern about the buttons, what do you think 'bout it? Does it need firm press or not? Are you kind of distracted with the click sound? Thank you
GinaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
Hope
Zealot

@GinaA
I mainly use the wrist turn method, but the "click" doesn't seem that loud to me. Yes, it needs a fairly firm press. You can probably reprogram the back/forward page turns to the silver joystick which surrounds the middle button if you think it is too loud because using the joystick is barely audible to me.