Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
debra jo
debra jo began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Unable to Dowload My Nook Library to Rooted NC/Can't Open Nook app/ - Help!

In early January I rooted my NC with the help of several members of this forum. I haven't had alot of time to play with my NC due to work demands. This week I began really digging into it. The Android based apps seem to work fine other than the Nook app and the Wilbor Overdrive (library).

While in My Nook Library I can view the select few books there (I have samples, the free magazine subscription, and a couple of other free or inexpensive books ready to download). When I go to download the books or mags I get an error message on all of them that says "not supported on this device".

Also, my local library links to the Wilbor Overdrive library. I have the same type of issue -- says I need to dowload the Adobe reader software but the NC wont seem to allow this download.

SO.......this is great as a mini Android tablet now, but I cant seem to read anything on it!!!

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure there must be an easy fix for this..just not sure what it is.

Have a great Sunday!

Debi
U
debra jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Not an answer but perhaps a useful tool:
A rooted Nook Color will run Nook for Android, which you can get from the Market. In it, set your account correctly, and all may be well,.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Not an answer but perhaps a useful tool:
A rooted Nook Color will run Nook for Android, which you can get from the Market. In it, set your account correctly, and all may be well,.
We haven't been successful with the NOOK app unless something has changed.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by debra jo View Post
While in My Nook Library I can view the select few books there (I have samples, the free magazine subscription, and a couple of other free or inexpensive books ready to download). When I go to download the books or mags I get an error message on all of them that says "not supported on this device".
If you have rebooted already and that didn't help, it sounds like you'll need to do a factory reset, re-register, update to 1.0.1, and re-root. If you update to 1.1.0 you won't be able to root using the autonooter process yet.

Others have applied 1.1.0 update on top of their autonooter root using the "pre-root update". https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118802

Last edited by SCION; 01-30-2011 at 03:46 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
debra jo

I did reboot andthat did nothing. So the only way i can get my nc to actually work as originally intended is to redo the entire process? There is no other way to use as an ereader with bn? The kindle app does work. Thanks...,
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I think Aldiko handles B&N epubs I believe, and I know it handles overdrive content

Also some people on XDA states this works :
[FIX] Re-Registering NookColor with B&N
I hope this helps everyone! I followed the directions for Auto-Nooter particularly the part where it tells you to De-Register your device with B&N. After auto-nootering there did not seem to be a way to relaunch the app that allows you to sync with B&N. Here is how I get re-registered:

Open NookColor Tools
Tap All Settings
Find the options listed "Wireless"
There is 3 options for Wireless, choose the second one in the list.
This will open up the Barnes and Noble starting wizard.
Press Continue with setup, and it will ask you to login to B&N or Create a new account.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...932145&page=41

Good luck

Last edited by volwrath; 01-31-2011 at 10:24 PM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
debra jo

thanks, i'll try to deregister and reregister tonight and see if anything changes.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
jkmak
jkmak began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
I am having the same issues. Were you able to resolve it? Thanks
jkmak is offline   Reply With Quote