Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #1276
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
even more interesting. the free book, moon dance, which was 12.99 from my Kobo, is free from my computer.

both machines are on the same wifi network.

I knew the Kobo store was having problems with displaying prices, but this is very disappointing if it's charging more to buy from the device than to buy through KoboBooks on my computer.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #1277
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
But I also got the email, "CA" is part of the URL, and it's also $9.99 for me.

I think I'm just going to buy it and send in an email asking for a credit from Kobo Customer Service, I've always had good results with them in the past.
Was there a coupon code in the email, perhaps?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #1278
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
There was no coupon code given with the email, but the fine print says they can cancel the offer at any time:

Quote:
The Passage Offer
Offer is valid for The Passage by Justin Cronin from September 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM through September 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
FWIW, It comes up as $9.99 for me as well.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #1279
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I already have The Passage in hardcover and was waiting for the next book to come out in an ebook version. I would have purchased The Passage ebook at the discount price just so I could refresh my memory of it before the next book comes out without having to lug around the big paper version. But the price came up $9.99 for me as well. I don't need it that badly. I wonder if anyone ever got it at the discount before Kobo apparently pulled the plug on it.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #1280
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
I would be happy to pay $9.99 for The Passage, but I am in New Zealand and for me to buy it off Kobobooks.com it would cost me $16.99NZD. Even I convert the New Zealand dollars price to US dollars, thats still $13.95US.

Alternatively I could buy the Kindle addition of it for $7.59US, which is $9.24NZ.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #1281
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
There was no coupon code given with the email, but the fine print says they can cancel the offer at any time:

FWIW, It comes up as $9.99 for me as well.
Even people who checked it first thing in the morning didn't get the deal, I think there may have been an error or technical glitch on Kobo's end.

I did as I suggested I would; I bought the book and immediately emailed asking for a credit. I got it, too, so Kobo made good on the mistake. That's all you can ask for.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #1282
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Nice to know that the support folks handled it so quickly, too.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #1283
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
I would be happy to pay $9.99 for The Passage, but I am in New Zealand and for me to buy it off Kobobooks.com it would cost me $16.99NZD. Even I convert the New Zealand dollars price to US dollars, thats still $13.95US.

Alternatively I could buy the Kindle addition of it for $7.59US, which is $9.24NZ.
How come it's so much more expensive from New Zealand?

You could do what I did: fill in a fake address from another country with your credit card details. I live in The Netherlands and get the whole site in Dutch (with Dutch new releases etc), which I hate, so I filled in a UK address (with my Dutch credit card) and now have everything in English. A bonus is I get to see all the prices in Pounds instead of Euro, which somehow works out cheaper for me. The Passage is £4.99, which is about 8.09 USD / 9.79 NZD.

I'm not sure if payments will work with the credit card and fake address, but I just use PayPal
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #1284
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Can't find free Kobo download on my Mac

I just downloaded a free book on Kobo and want to sideload it to my NookColor, but I can't seem to find the file on my Mac. It's not in my Downloads folder, and I can't seem to find it by searching the entire hard drive for the name of the book.

When I buy books from Kobo, I normally get an .acsm file in my Downloads folder, which I click on to open the book in ADE, but this book says it's DRM free, so I'm assuming Kobo is skipping that step.

Where else could it be?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #1285
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
GBSave50Sept comes up as expired now. At least, it did when I tried to use it ten minutes ago.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #1286
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch

BOOOOO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinín View Post
GBSave50Sept comes up as expired now. At least, it did when I tried to use it ten minutes ago.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #1287
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I just downloaded a free book on Kobo and want to sideload it to my NookColor, but I can't seem to find the file on my Mac. It's not in my Downloads folder, and I can't seem to find it by searching the entire hard drive for the name of the book.

When I buy books from Kobo, I normally get an .acsm file in my Downloads folder, which I click on to open the book in ADE, but this book says it's DRM free, so I'm assuming Kobo is skipping that step.

Where else could it be?
Try downloading it again and watch and see which folder it goes to and the name of the file. The reason you can't find it on a search is it doesn't have the name of the book as the name of the file. It will say something like smashwords epub and then a long list of numbers.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #1288
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
It downloaded so fast I finally had to Control-Click and do a "Save this file as," but I did find it. Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Try downloading it again and watch and see which folder it goes to and the name of the file. The reason you can't find it on a search is it doesn't have the name of the book as the name of the file. It will say something like smashwords epub and then a long list of numbers.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #1289
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
It downloaded so fast I finally had to Control-Click and do a "Save this file as," but I did find it. Thanks for your help!
YW - Glad you found it.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #1290
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Next time you lose a download -- assuming your using Safari -- you click the "View" menu in Safari, then "Show downloads." This gives you a list of everything you recently downloaded, with magnifying glasses next to each item. You can click the magnifying glass, and the Finder opens the folder that contains the downloaded file, with that file selected.

Note: it might be under the "Window" menu instead of the "View" menu in OS 10.6.8. In OS 10.7.4, you can also reach the downloads via the button with the downwards arrow to the right of Safari's url/search field.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals