Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #211
dmevis
dmevis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan2 View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread with requested improvements for a future update? Beyond the need for easier to read links and Table of Contents list, the font size when clicking Read More in the store when reading the description of a book is really tiny, smaller than the font on the prior page where the description starts. Where's my magnifying glass, lol?
I would strongly support having a new thread with requested improvements.

If possible, it would be nice to have a "poll" where anyone can add a new item, and everyone can vote on how important that feature is to them.
dmevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #212
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I do not understand the uproar to begin with over the 1GB partition. 1GB can hold more nooks than one can read in a lifetime
I would agree disagree with you for most people who read more than a book or two per month. For myself, I have a fair number of large ebooks which, as mentioned earlier, would allow me to exceed the 930MB user space with 6 books. Even if I go to more reasonably sized books, I would have fewer than 700 books. With my average number of books per year, that limits my lifetime to <3 years without even considering that I also carry quite a few reference ebooks which tend to be fairly large and not books that I read but rather refer to -- I doubt that many people would read a Cisco command line reference text for entertainment.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #213
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmevis View Post
It would be a serious breach of software configuration management to have different versions of the software with the same number.
In one beta program I participated in a few years back, you had to use the build number to separate the last release candidate from the final release. When I asked about this, the explanation was the beta was built with full debug support while the final release was built with limited debug support.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #214
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
I do not understand the uproar to begin with over the 1GB partition. 1GB can hold more nooks than one can read in a lifetime
It was several factors:
  • Nook had a history of limiting space for sideloading, something Amazon and Kobo don't do
  • They finally did away with that with the previous model: Glowlight Plus
  • Glowlight 3 advertised the 8GB of storage, all available to the user. Even their employees were confirming this after the device went on sale
  • 1GB is significantly less than the competition offers
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #215
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
I picked some random eBooks that totaled up to 1GB and no, 1GB is not more than one can read in a lifetime.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #216
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
I by 'one' you mean 'you', then you may be correct. If by 'one' you mean 'anyone', you are sooooooooo wrong.

Through High School and College I was reading a book/day, and I would have used up that GB a long time before graduation.

I have a job now, but I still manage to read a couple of books/week.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote