Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
Cover of book not showing on Kindle Oasis 2

Sorry if this been talked about before.

I noticed the book covers are not showing on some of my books I am just seeing a generic image with the book name on it.

I know there is a cover image for I did not have this problem before I reset my device. Like 1/4 of my library is like this. Not a big deal but kinda annoys me. Is there a fix to this? I just find it really odd

Thanks
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 03:59 AM   #2
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Sorry if this been talked about before.

I noticed the book covers are not showing on some of my books I am just seeing a generic image with the book name on it.

I know there is a cover image for I did not have this problem before I reset my device. Like 1/4 of my library is like this. Not a big deal but kinda annoys me. Is there a fix to this? I just find it really odd

Thanks
I had the same problem and I realized that the covers that are not seen were only those that had bad resolution, below 300x300. When changing the image was fixed, using calibre...

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis2
I have a few pages of books in my library, on my Oasis that don't have covers. I think those were some of the first I downloaded. Those are all straight from Amazon, no sideloading. Anything I have downloaded since has covers. Not sure what the difference was. Those covers always had covers on all my other kindles. I think I am going to delete them and download them again to see. This was when I downloaded them in the first couple of days after getting my Oasis.

eta: I tried a few of them and yes, if I delete them and download them again from my Oasis, they now have a cover. I have like 50 of those so I'll just go one by one, so I know what they were.

Last edited by Atunah; 12-18-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #4
Plumadona
Zealot
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I’ve just seen the same thing on mine. After loading all my books, some were missing covers and needed a second or third try later. The only ones that didn’t load were some sideloaded covers with small images and one or two odd covers.
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd. I did another reset and some downloaded but others went away LOL I gave up
Old 01-01-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
The oasis 2 goes automatically where it thinks you will start reading.
This could be either on, or after the introduction (after the TOC).

If you open the book, and go back in the book, your first page may show blank, if the book cover is quite large; it might take a while to load (perhaps 5-10 seconds); but it should load.

The Oasis doesn't open books from the actual page one, but rather from the introduction, or first chapter.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
The oasis 2 goes automatically where it thinks you will start reading.
This could be either on, or after the introduction (after the TOC).

If you open the book, and go back in the book, your first page may show blank, if the book cover is quite large; it might take a while to load (perhaps 5-10 seconds); but it should load.

The Oasis doesn't open books from the actual page one, but rather from the introduction, or first chapter.
You are not understanding. We are talking about the thumbnails that show the book cover not the cover photo inside the book
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots

I purchased a basic kindle as a companion to my Oasis and 50% of the thumbnail images did not show. I deregistered it then reloaded it and then none of the thumbnails showed up. I went and switched to list view then back to image view and poof my thumbnail covers were there. How odd is that. It never worked doing it before. So annoying
Old 01-19-2018, 05:56 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Are you talking about books you sideloaded, or books you synced?

Did you check the settings if the library is at tiles view rather than list view?
(do settings>>all settings>>device options>>advanced settings>>Home Screen View: set to 'on' )

Edit: never mind, seems like you found it.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote