Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Audible on Fire Tablet

So I have an old audible account and tried this morning to listen to an audiobook on my fire tablet. My current audible account is linked to my amazon account and I can listen to those audio books just fine. So my first action was to try to log out of my current audible account via the audible fire app however there was no way to do so. Next, I tried to use the silk webrowser to sign in to audible. After clicking to log in via username I was able to access my old account and access the audiobook. Clicking on the audiobook led to the audible cloud player however I got an error message. Thinking that amazon may not want my fire tablet to play multiple audible accounts I tried to access my audiobook on my laptop. Got the same error and was unable to play the audiobook on the cloud player. After downloading the audiobook to the laptop I was able to listen to it (I did not see the option to download on the fire tablet). Has anyone else been able to access different audible accounts on their fire tablets?

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 01-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thought I would try a workaround by downloading audible audiobooks to my kindle keyboard. Via the desktop audiblemanager my kindle keyboard was recognized and was able to delete audiobooks from my keyboard. However, when I tried to add audiobooks (from an old audible account) was unable to add audiobooks to the kindle keyboard.

Also tried to use the desktop software to add audible books to the fire tablet but it doesn't recognize the kindle fire.

Apparently audible doesn't make it user friendly to use multiple audible accounts on different devices.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I think audible can merge the accounts for you, if that will help.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Well, you have a couple of choices depending on your goal. My late sister wanted to keep her Audible account separate from mine, but her Fire was registered to my account (so she could access my ebooks). When she kept getting errors, Audible had her delete and then redownload the app to access the separate account. After that, everything played fine from that Fire. If instead you want it all in one place, you can contact Audible and they can merge your accounts.

This is the similar to what you do when a family member dies. Strictly speaking, the 'licesnse' for the purchases isn't supposed to be transferred. If you have access to the account, you change the particulars to match your name and address. Audible can then merge the accounts.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

I have google play installed on my older generation fire tablet and tried to install the audible app but I was unable and kept getting error messages. At this point I don't want to merge accounts. So, the only other option was to use my galaxy note 8 tablet to simply log out of the audible app (linked to my current amazon account) and then log in with my separate account. Voila! Instant access to my audiobooks.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:34 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You don't need the Audible Apps on Fires just use the Audible tab that built in. Sign in to which ever account you want to DL the Aubible from ...see if that works.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote