Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
DavidTC
Connoisseur
DavidTC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Boox C67ML
Wallpaper on Glowlight 3

So I'm really liking the Glowlight 3, it has the feel of the NST, which I really like, and yet runs Android 4, so can run Calibre Companion. I was hesitant because it has a dumb partition scheme and no SD slot, but it turns out CC uses the internal 6 gig area, so I didn't even have to do anything to fix that problem. I even installed Yalp and could install CC straight from the Play store instead of having to sideload it. And it was very easy to root.

Except for one thing, which I still cannot manage at all: Changing the background of the damn launcher.

I am using Smart Launcher, and as far as I'm aware that uses the standard Android wallpaper system. It even has a place to change it. I cannot get it to stop using a straight black background.

And before someone says 'You have to change the permissions of /data/system/users/0/wallpaper to stop it from being rewritten'...that file is not my problem. If I tell the device change the wallpaper, it changes that file, and then changes it back on unlock, and I can change the permissions and not let it do that. All that is exactly how described.

But that file _only controls what is shown on screen when the device is locked_.

It does _not_ control what is shown behind the launcher. Which is, again, a totally solid black. (And I would like it a solid white. Or, at this point, literally anything else.)

I have read that disabling the animations can disable that, or possibly just the movement of that, but as far as I can tell I have not done that.
DavidTC is offline   Reply With Quote