Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I've never turned off my iPad, which I have had since April 2010.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Never. Not my iPad1 (4/1/10) or iPad2 (4/15/11) since I got them.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
jkonrath
jkonrath began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I turn it off every time I get on a plane. (Well, almost every time. Ssshh...)

I've also been in a couple of situations during all-day travel where I've turned it off for a few hours to save some battery juice. But yeah, I don't think I turned it off for the first few months I had it.
jkonrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
JayW88
JayW88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have never turned mine off and never plan to until my eyes melt from looking at the screen so long! lol
JayW88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
I've only turned off my ipad about 5 times in the last year. Does it make much of a difference? I do often double click the home button, to clear out some of the apps I've not used in days.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
My iPad 2? ... just one time, it got Frozen with GarageBand one time, After that, never again (frozen or restarted/off)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #22
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I need to reboot mine now. One page of icons are all screwed up and not all visible on the screen. Very odd.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #23
SylvieB1984
Enthusiast
SylvieB1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I usually only do a hard reboot on these types of electronics when it needs to be done, like if it's running slower it usually solves the problem.
SylvieB1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #24
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Never...same thing with my ipod touch and iphone...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #25
Gray_Mouser
Gray_Mouser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Whenever I know I'm not going to use it within the next hour or so.
Gray_Mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #26
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Won't it take more energy to boot up again than you'll save by not having it in sleep-mode for half-a-day or however long?
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote