Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #1606
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Yes, you see a few of your ebook stores go out with little or no notice, you learn quick to download and backup your ebooks right away.
I'd modify what you wrote to include remove DRM though very likely it was included in backup. I got burned when Microsoft dropped their .lit format and I had a couple of books that I had not yet removed DRM from. I think the DRMed ebooks in my collection were a massive 80 or so books at that time. Most of my purchases were from Baen, downloaded from Baen's free library or from the CDs bound into some of their hardcover releases and did not suffer from the DRM infection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #1607
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Billionaire's Legacy (The Bourbon Brothers Friends and Family #1) by Reese Ryan (B-/3 stars)
  • Leverage in Death (In Death #58) by JD Robb (B-/3 stars)
  • Exile of the Seas (Chronicles of Dasnaria #2) by Jeffe Kennedy (A/5 stars)
  • One Perfect Kiss (Hope #8) by Jaci Burton (C+/3 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 9-9.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	166179  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #1608
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Bring the Heat is the 9th in the Dragon Kin series by G.A. Aiken. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle US as part of the Daily Deal, matched at Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Bring-Heat-Dr...dp/B01N1OJW6L/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/bring-the-heat-4

Spoiler:
Quote:
HE SAYS . . .

I, Aidan the Divine, am, well divine. My name was given to me by the Dragon Queen herself! I’m a delight! Cheerful. Charming. And a mighty warrior who is extremely handsome with a very large and well-hidden hoard of gold. I am also royal born, despite the fact that most in my family are horrendous beings that don’t deserve to live. And yet, Branwen the Awful—a low-born, no less—either tells me to shut up or, worse, ignores me completely.

SHE SAYS . . .

I’ll admit, I ignore Aidan the Divine because it annoys him. A lot. But, we have so much to do right now, I can’t worry about why he keeps staring at me, or why he always sits so close, or why he keeps looking at me like he’s thinking about kissing me. We have our nations to save and no time for such bloody foolishness . . . no matter how good Aidan looks or how long his spiked tail is. Because if we’re going to win this war before it destroys everything we love, we’ll have to face our enemies together, side by side and without distractions. But if we make it out alive, who knows what the future will hold . . .
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:49 PM   #1609
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Phyllis A. Whitney Collection Volume Three: Window on the Square, Thunder Heights, and The Golden Unicorn by Phyllis A. Whitney is the Nook Romance Daily Deal today at BN, on sale for $2.99. It's matched at Kindle and Kobo US (couponable/VIPable).

BN: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...ney/1128337440
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Phyllis-Whitn...dp/B07CMGVYBQ/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...n-volume-three
Old 09-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #1610
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

My Fair Lord in the Once Upon a Bride series by Wilma Counts is the BN Readouts free weekend book, matched at Kobo and Kindle US.

BN: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-...=9781601839077
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Fair-Lord-Onc...dp/B01MYAZ8KO/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/my-fair-lord#

Spoiler:
Quote:
Well-bred, well-dressed, and well-read, Henrietta, Harriet, and Hero are best friends who have bonded over good books since their schooldays. Now these cultured ladies are ready to make their own happy endings—each in her own way . . .

Lady Henrietta Parker, daughter of the Earl of Blakemoor, has turned down many a suitor for fear that the ton’s bachelors are only interested in her wealth. But despite the warnings of her dearest friends, Harriet and Hero, she can’t resist the challenge rudely posed by her stepsister: transform an ordinary London dockworker into a society gentleman suitable for the “marriage mart.” Only after a handshake seals the deal does Retta fear she may have gone too far . . .

When Jake Bolton is swept from the grime of the seaport into the elegance of Blakemoor House, he appears every inch the rough, cockney working man who is to undergo Retta’s training in etiquette, wardrobe, and elocution. But Jake himself is a master of deception—with much more at stake than a drawing room wager. But will his clandestine mission take second place to his irresistible tutor, her intriguing proposal . . . and true love?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #1611
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Read:
[*]Leverage in Death (In Death #58) by JD Robb (B-/3 stars)[/LIST]
Didn't you like this Eve Dallas book? It was a bit dull, wasn't it?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #1612
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:
  • Purchased

Name:	Comprados.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	166339
  • Read

Name:	Leidos.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	166340
Old 09-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #1613
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have to say, her books that are mostly set in the business world - this one, Calculated in Death, and there's at least one more - are the ones I find dull. I assumed it was because I worked in an office and find books in that setting dull.

But I'd rather read those than the ones that spend way too much time (IMO) in the villain's head. Or the ones that veer to much into the paranormal (many of her novellas). I think Thanksgiving in Death is my least favorite of all the books in this series. That could be affected by the fact that I listened to it, rather than read it, and the villain "voice" and his glee in his tasks was jarring.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:58 PM   #1614
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I do tend to hold this series to a higher standard. So while I always enjoy at least part of visiting with Eve & co, I do think this was a middle-of-the-road story overall. While the method of murder was unique, overall it was not that memorable of a case.
Spoiler:
The victims felt glossed over, we didn’t get to know them as well as in past books and the lack led to a feeling of disconnect. And why would each of the two fathers even believe the kidnappers would actually release their wife and child when they carried out their bidding? It felt like we spent more time with Peabody wondering what she would wear than on the case.

I loved seeing Anna Whitney again. There were some nice Mira and Somerset moments, too. And Jack offering to do Eve’s reports – lol!

Loved than Nadine won Oscar for best adapted screenplay, but The Icove Agenda winning so many other awards including best actress and best picture was over the top silly. Then again Origin in Death is probably my least favorite full-length book, so...

There are always fun moments between the Eve & Roarke and other supporting characters. But I try to base my grades on the overall plot and characters' development not just fun character moments. The series is still very much a must read for me, but there have been less WOW books the past several years.

Last edited by library addict; 09-16-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:23 PM   #1615
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Mostly rereading this week.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys #3) by Nicole Helm (B+/4 stars)

Purchased:
None

Last edited by library addict; 09-16-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: remove duplicate word
Old 09-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #1616
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

harlequin.com

Quote:
Get 40% site-wide, TODAY ONLY using promo code FALLBOOKS at checkout.

Offer valid until September 18, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #1617
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Entangled is having a $.99 sale on 15 romantic suspense books
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 AM   #1618
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesapphires2k View Post
Entangled is having a $.99 sale on 15 romantic suspense books
thank you, I found several interesting ones.

Also I'd like to recomend the last one listed SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows, I loved this book, but be advised, if you don't like books that grab you and don't let you go because you have to know what's happening next maybe you should skip it
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #1619
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
thank you, I found several interesting ones.

Also I'd like to recomend the last one listed SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows, I loved this book, but be advised, if you don't like books that grab you and don't let you go because you have to know what's happening next maybe you should skip it
Sold!
Old 09-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #1620
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Sold!
let me know if you like it, she has other series but this one is my favorit, although I have yet to read the last 2 books.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote