Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
bflohockeymom
bflohockeymom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight
epub books don't display on Nook glowlight 3

I'm beyond frustrated and am really hoping someone here knows how to fix this. This is my third Nook and I've been using this one since Christmas with no problems but this issue popped up recently. 95% of the books I read on my Nook are borrowed from my library. I use OverDrive to download them and Adobe Digital Editions to authorize and copy them to the Nook. Lately, when I download and copy the books over, they are not showing up on the Nook. Things to note:
- They ARE on the Nook. If I try to copy them again, it asks if I want to overwrite the file on the nook.
- I can open and read the file that is on the Nook through Adobe Digital Editions.
- I can see the file on my computer on the Nook drive.
- There are no special characters in the name of the file. Most of them have spaces in them but other books with spaces in the names DO display on the Nook.
- I am looking under Library - My Files
- I tried creating a subdirectory on the Nook as I read in another post but it is not showing up under My Files.

Any suggestions? I'm a very technical user. I have no idea how non-technical people deal with all these weird issues I've experienced with the last two Nooks I've owned.

Thank you!
Dori
bflohockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
nellie27
nellie27 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST with glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3, Nook HD+
I don't borrow library books myself, but I can see that this is an incredibly frustrating situation.

I did find this:

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/...ZKNFElMjElMjE=

Hopefully this solution applies to Glowlight 3's as well. Good luck!
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote