Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Referral Credits?

Just curious. Whenever I log into my Kobo account I get a link to "Get $10." My brother wanted to set up a Kobo account anyhow (like me, he wants someone other than Amazon to get some of our business), so he suggested I refer him. Which I did. He bought his book(s) they met the requirements ... and now nearly a week without email from Kobo about the referral.

Did I miss something? Is the credit conditional on something more than my brother buying books? Does the Kobo referral credit system actually work, or is it there just to entertain idiots like me? (My brother did get his $5 credit.) It's not a huge deal, but if it doesn't work I really don't want to bother with it in the future. (The $10 credit for setting up a new Walmart eBooks account never materialized either.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Just curious. Whenever I log into my Kobo account I get a link to "Get $10." My brother wanted to set up a Kobo account anyhow (like me, he wants someone other than Amazon to get some of our business), so he suggested I refer him. Which I did. He bought his book(s) they met the requirements ... and now nearly a week without email from Kobo about the referral.

Did I miss something? Is the credit conditional on something more than my brother buying books? Does the Kobo referral credit system actually work, or is it there just to entertain idiots like me? (My brother did get his $5 credit.) It's not a huge deal, but if it doesn't work I really don't want to bother with it in the future. (The $10 credit for setting up a new Walmart eBooks account never materialized either.)
The one time I did a referral, it showed up as a credit on my account. There was no email but when I next purchased a book, I noticed that there was enough credit to pay for it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:39 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The one time I did a referral, it showed up as a credit on my account. There was no email but when I next purchased a book, I noticed that there was enough credit to pay for it.
I've been checking ... not there. I guess I'll chat with customer service. If I've done something wrong maybe they can tell me where I messed up.

EDIT: Okay, finally got in touch with them. Explanation: When my brother followed the link they featured a Walmart eBook login to create a new Kobo account. Since he used that instead of the Rakuten Kobo link (further down the page), the promotions are not the same (even though he did get the $5 credit, the referral credit didn't follow). Something to remember if you plan to refer a lot of new customers to Kobo for the referral fees. Be sure to tell them "sign up for the Kobo account, not the Walmart one" — even though the Walmart is now the default login in the U.S.

Last edited by rcentros; 09-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote