Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Meowchi
Meowchi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Best way to sort files?

I was really hoping someone on here could give me some advise on what is the best way to sort my read books from my unread. I have about 400 books on my memory card, and have a hard remembering which ones I have read. I am always putting new ones on and tend to sort by date.
I was wondering how others keep them sorted or if there is a special way to mark them read. Thanks for any help!
Meowchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I usually delete a book from my reader when I'm finished with it.

But if you want to keep your read books on your reader, you could create a "read" and an "unread" collection on your reader. You'll need to hook your reader up to your computer to drag the books to and from the proper collections though. Also you can't "nest" collections, so if you're already using collections you won't be able to look for a book in for example "science fiction" & "read" at the same time.

Hope this helps--
dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I have a collection for Read and Unread, usually sorted by genre. E.g.:

Mystery - unread
Mystery - z read

(I put the Z because I want the Read to sort after the unread)
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If you don't want to use this thing humans call "memory" nor delete the book from the reader nor use collections the best indicator on the reader itself is when you go to open a book you have this first page with the
Continue Reading
Begin
End