Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your experience with Facebook? (select all you like)
What is this Facebook of which you speak? 7 5.83%
No I don't use Facebook 40 33.33%
Yes I use it, but I don't really know what I'm doing either 33 27.50%
I'm on it all the time 21 17.50%
I have more than 150 Facebook friends 11 9.17%
I have more Facebook friends than I have "real" ones 10 8.33%
I understand the mysteries of Facebook Privacy Settings 13 10.83%
Is there a twelve step program for Facebook? 3 2.50%
The blue one, next to the fish 89,676 100.00%
I just want to see the results 12 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #61
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I haven't gotten one because of working for the government, but just recently one of the big wig (4 star I think) Generals said he had 5000 friends on face book, and that is one way to "tell the Army story".
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #62
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yea, typical twitter spam. The hope is [I assume] that you will click on the link in their one and only post or their profile or follow them back. THere are many people on twitter that automatically follow anyone that follows them.

NO need to block them. As long as you don't follow them back you won't be affected.
And you'll probably discover their accounts have been removed at some point down the line.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #63
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Thanks for the Twitter help. I was going to tweet this message, but you guys don't follow me.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #64
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Thanks for the Twitter help. I was going to tweet this message, but you guys don't follow me.
:grumblegrumblemumblegrumble:
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #65
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Any of you facebook folks playing farmtown? I don't know why but I am hooked on it. I need two more neighbors to be an acclaimed neighbor which lets me hire others to plow my fields.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #66
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I don't play this but I'll be your neighbour - if I don't have to plow anything!
Although I *am* looking for a job...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #67
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I don't play this but I'll be your neighbour - if I don't have to plow anything!
Although I *am* looking for a job...
No, you don't have to plow. You don't have to work your farm at all. Just be my neighbor.

BOb
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #68
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Any of you facebook folks playing farmtown? I don't know why but I am hooked on it. I need two more neighbors to be an acclaimed neighbor which lets me hire others to plow my fields.

BOb
I'm not playing it (yet)... but if I start, I'll be another neighbour!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #69
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
If I play it, will I be able to chase the pigs around in their pen and keep whatever I catch?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #70
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
I use it for getting updates on what close friends and family are doing, and looking at their photos etc, but I DO NOT play all of those daft games and things on it, thats just a waste of time
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #71
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
I'm going to delete my FB account. I recently started getting friend requests from a group of people who I knew a long time ago in a painful stretch of my life (high school ). The people are okay, but I'd rather not be reminded of "the good old days".
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #72
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'm not playing it (yet)... but if I start, I'll be another neighbour!
You don't actually have to actively play it for me to be your neighbor. Can you add me as a facebook friend and I will invite you to be my neighbor.

Thanks.

BOb
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #73
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
If I play it, will I be able to chase the pigs around in their pen and keep whatever I catch?
Actually, you can have pigs on your farm. And, its funny, when you click on an animal there is a little menu, and one of the options is "eat".

But, alas I found that option doesn't mean that you eat the animal, but that you are telling it to eat.

BOb
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #74
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
You don't actually have to actively play it for me to be your neighbor. Can you add me as a facebook friend and I will invite you to be my neighbor.

Thanks.

BOb
As soon as I get home I will Work take a dim view of Facebook being used in working hours

(And yes, I am fully aware of the irony of posting the above whilst browsing MR at work )
Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #75
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
I'm going to delete my FB account. I recently started getting friend requests from a group of people who I knew a long time ago in a painful stretch of my life (high school ). The people are okay, but I'd rather not be reminded of "the good old days".
Thankfully, all of my old "friends" who I've conveniently lost contct with either don't use Facebook or haven't found me

I know some use Friends Reunited, so I've avoided there...