Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
SamTzu
SamTzu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre & Mobi & Series

I noticed that in the latest Calibre sync with my Android / FBreader I don't see any series if the series only contain mobi versions of books.

Is this a bug or does mobi not support "series"?

Sam
SamTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Series is not an Official (DC) metadata field, even in EPUB.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
No eBook format supports series.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This happens because fbreader uses metadata from inside the book instead of using calibre's metadata for the book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
SamTzu
SamTzu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bummer. If I remove the book's own metadata might the Calibre meta data be "visible" in FBreader? How would I go about doing that?
SamTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTzu View Post
Bummer. If I remove the book's own metadata might the Calibre meta data be "visible" in FBreader? How would I go about doing that?
FBreader cannot "see" calibre metadata that is outside the book, and as noted above much of calibre's metadata cannot be embedded in the mobi format.

You might consider using Calibre Companion, which does see calibre metadata and integrates just fine with FBreader. Disclosure: I am one of the authors of Calibre Companion.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi