Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
martu89
martu89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo won't turn off/on since update firmware

Hello!
On Sunday I updated the firmware of my Kobo Glo, it worked fine yesterday, but today when I tried to wake it, nothing happened. So I reset it and it turned on fine. Then I put it again to sleep, but when I tried to wake it again, it didn't do anything. I reset it again and it turned on. But then it didn't want to go back to sleep mode or turn off. Later it went to sleep automatically after ten minutes, but then I couldn't wake it again. So I plugged it into my laptop and there was no problem, but after I disconnected it, it still didn't want to turn off/go to sleep mode. Then I did a factory reset, but again the problem didn't solve.
What should I do? Might it be the fault of the new firmware or of a bug?
martu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
schwaller
schwaller began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
Save all your books. After that do a factory reset.
schwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When you say you upgraded firmware I presume you loaded it your self?

And you also reloaded it after the factory reset?

Do you have an SD card in the device? If so have you tried removing it
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I'd be tempted to try another factory reset, then launch a support ticket with Kobo (www.kobobooks.com/help - use the "contact customer care" link at the bottom right just above the blue band of information). Sounds like a hardware issue (switch maybe?) rather than the update. Haven't seen any other reports like this related to the last update.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Sounds like a hardware issue (switch maybe?) rather than the update.
It sounds like that, doesn't it? martu89, I don't suppose you have a SleepCover you can test it with? Or perhaps someone could offer info on testing sleep/wake with a small magnet?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert