Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
This is just another lame attempt to get us to believe that Belgium really exists. I'm not buying it.
Of course Belgium exists, it's the place where we fight our away matches during wars.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I love reading in the sun.. So no problem there!
Come to my area and read out in the sun. It is usually 100+ F here with 100% humidity during the summer. And summer lasts from May to October here.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It does exist or I would not be replying to you right now ...
And I can't access that website, it says website blocked for whatever silly reasons. What is it about ?

Quote:
This is just another lame attempt to get us to believe that Belgium really exists. I'm not buying it.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thus the name "Indian summer" Mr Apache ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Come to my area and read out in the sun. It is usually 100+ F here with 100% humidity during the summer. And summer lasts from May to October here.
Apache
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Why callest thou the weather good?

Whatever the weather, whether good or ill, I avoid the welter and go whither I will.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
One of my most favorite things to do is to take my reader, walk down the the Quincy library, sit on one of their benches outside & get lost in my book while getting some sun!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #22
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
because a lot of my favorite activities seem to contradict it. Socially, the weather seems to drive what people are supposed to "want to do"
Me. Altough I am not as blessed with craft skills as you are.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #23
Santos
Avid Reader
Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle
I find it harder to read when the weather is nice also. The kids want to do so much stuff since it's summer and they don't have school etc. So being a good parent, they get what they want. I also 90-95% of the time read in bed just before I go to sleep. Every once in awhile I might get to venture out and read somewhere alone. Most of the time though, it's bed reading for the win. It doesn't bother me. I'm just exhausted from all the running around during the day to do anything else.
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I don't worry about nice weather cutting into my reading here on the beautiful Sandwich Isles. If I did, I’d not be able to read at all. That’s what the beautiful part of “the beautiful Sandwich Isles” means; the weather’s ALWAYS beautiful here.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds rather tedious; I like having a variety of weather!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #26
SerenaFairfax
Book Author
SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Ipad
Try an e-reader. It's not as obvious as a physical book!
SerenaFairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #27
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Me. What did we have here, warm and sunny Wednesday? And now? Gee I hate the weather here, it changes 3 times per day. Right now sticky and humid. I couldn't sleep well because of the heat.

Don't worry about your reading time dropping, we have like what, 1 sunny day per month? Rainy weekend is coming anyway. Btw, I'm also displaced, permanently from the looks of it.

Cold Duvel please!
Mmmm Duvel! Watch out for those!

I'm in north Limburg (de Kempen) which for some reason often seems to be the warmest spot in Belgium. Mostly sunny & warm today, with the occasional drizzle. Last week wasn't too bad for us, got quite a bit of sun and missed all those thunder-storms that were predicted. Which means, of course, we will get hit with a tornado soon...

Moodiness is indeed the worse thing about the weather here, and when the sun dips behind the clouds the temperature drops like 300 degrees. You just never know what to wear.

Where are you displaced from?
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #28
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Nah, Vapour, man, like, uhh, y'know, like ....... that was, like, uh, y' know, uh.... Amsterdam.....
(little "bike-shop", just off the main drag, past the flower stalls and over the canal .......)
Dude, I've totally been there!

Quote:
Weird. This site was available yesterday (thanks for the chuckle, btw) but now its blocked. ?? Even the warning page is kind of funny though. Something about the "Ministry of Truth". Good chuckles.

Last edited by VaporPunk; 07-07-2012 at 03:50 AM.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #29
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
And no, I am not "On The Grass" now, despite "forgetting" Amsterdam was actually in Holland !
I might be geographically challenged but I do believe that Amsterdam still is in Holland.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I might be geographically challenged but I do believe that Amsterdam still is in Holland.
It is indeed; it's in the province of North Holland.

We should not make the error of referring to the Netherlands as "Holland". Holland (North and South) comprises only 2 of the 12 provinces of the Netherlands. It's like calling the UK "England".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote