Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
problems purchasing books@Kobobooks

Hey folks,

anyone else been having problems purchasing books@Kobobooks the last couple days? bought two childrens books and both came in as previews instead of the full books... in the library section they both had options to download the epub versions, so I deleted them and tried to restore, but both have "buy now" options...

sent an email to their service desk but it took them a month to reply to me for the last problem I had, and It's been 3 weeks since the last time I heard from them for an update...
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
I purchased one today and didn't have any problems but last week I had exactly the problem you had. My advice is to call them instead of sending an email.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've tried the calling in the past, but got frustrated with the lack of knowledge of the product...They need to revamp their customer service center in a big way.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I purchased a couple of books yesterday night and both appeared as previews when I sync'ed.
I only noticed it this morning, so I just deleted them from my kobo and re-sync'ed. Both books were full this time.

P.S. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I used calibre to delete the previews.

Last edited by ekster; 09-29-2011 at 01:04 PM.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
I purchased a couple of books yesterday night and both appeared as previews when I sync'ed.
I only noticed it this morning, so I just deleted them from my kobo and re-sync'ed. Both books were full this time.
I had tried that as well..actually, it's a little more convoluted than that

When I purchased them, on the site, they showed up as purchased books, with download option as well. When I synced the desktop app, both came in as preview at first, but then one of them synced properly, the other stayed as a preview. When I synced it with my kobo, both showed as preview...

I then deleted them from my desktop app, and went to the kobo site and deleted them from the library and re-added them...this is where things started to get funky...they were re-added to my library, but stayed in the deleted items. the ones in my library both showed preview. so I tried to restore again and it seemed to work, but syncing with my desktop app resulted in two preview books again. I Tried it a couple more times and at one point, there were two of each copy in my deleted items..after playing around with it some more I was only able to get two preview copies to show up. I made a comment on their facebook page when I noticed someone else seemed to have a similar issue and they took my ticket numbers... including the one from 3 weeks ago (this one doesn't want to get re-added to my library after I deleted it to see if they may have update the cover on it; it was a star wars book with the cover of a womens empowerment book...go fig...)

will see what happens.
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Janet56
Enthusiast
Janet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Libra, Forma (8 and 32 gb), Sage, Kindle Oasis
Same problem here. I bought two books yesterday, they came in as previews, I deleted the previews and now the desktop app will not download them. They are in my library on the kobobooks site, shown as purchased but I can't get them to download to my desktop or to my KT. I am doing the download to ADE on one, but the cover is not showing up at all. Plus I want the books showing in my desktop app as they should.
Janet56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Psyke
Evangelist

putting a message up on their facebook page got things rolling sorta; they fixed the problem with the book that had been ongoing for months, but despite saying that the two books purchased today were fixed they are still having problems. I'm now waiting for a response back.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
I have the same problem.
After I have called meanwhile every day and asked for support (I think I know meanwhile every singel helpdesk member of Kobo) the only thing they have done so far was closing my ticket, even if it was not resolved so far.

Everytime I call them, they claim to have a solution for this problem and the other helpdesk memeber did not communicate in the right way so that it could have been fixed. They will do it now correctly and the fix will be implemented over night.

As I said. I heard this excuse meanwhile over 20 times.

Does anyone know how to escalate this?

I paid for the book, so I want to have access to it too...... (I am a bit frustrated right now)
akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Psyke
Evangelist

there are two things you can try doing; if you have a facebook account; put a complaint there; I got my issues resolved the same day, although found that one of the books had crappy html formating in it and I'm still waiting to hear back on that issue.

You can also try the same at getsatisfaction.com/kobo
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
Thank you
This worked.Once posted on getsatisfaction.com it was resolved in 10 minutes.

Thank you so much.
akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I had the same problem last night after I installed a new version of the desktop app (first 9 pages were loaded onto my Kobo - deleted from Kobo and from Desktop App - tried to re-sych to get book back on Desktop app - didn't work). To resolve the issue, I just downloaded my book and opened in ADE and sideloaded. I still can't see my new book in my Kobo Desktop App...does anyone know what Kobo did to resolve the issue?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I had the same problem last night after I installed a new version of the desktop app (first 9 pages were loaded onto my Kobo - deleted from Kobo and from Desktop App - tried to re-sych to get book back on Desktop app - didn't work). To resolve the issue, I just downloaded my book and opened in ADE and sideloaded. I still can't see my new book in my Kobo Desktop App...does anyone know what Kobo did to resolve the issue?
If you've deleted it from the kobo and the desktop app, then go to the kobobooks and into your account. chances are the books won't show up under "I'm reading" but should show up in either purchased or trash (usually the former). just select the books you want to restore by putting a check besides them and the select the bookmark option at the top. If they are in the trash, you'll have to undelete it before you do the previous step. You should then be able to download them on your desktop and kobo

If this doesn't work, then you should open a support ticket with Kobo to have them restore it properly.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
bluesgirl1976
bluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo touch/Kobo wi-fi
Same problem here! on WIFI purchase

I think my situation may have been complicated by the fact that before it would download the purchase it did the firmware upgrade? So other than that same issue except instead of deleting the "preview" book ...I like an idiot clicked on it and when the preview said "you have purchased a preview to purchase full version click here"....I did it...and purchased the book twice! It took three more syncs before it actually showed as a full book! Now there are two charges on my cc for the same book. Other than by a mistake why would I purchase the same book twice? I emailed Kobo but I have had terrible customer service in the past and my expectations are not too high.
bluesgirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote