Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #856
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius View Post
A query relating to this: I noticed in the folders of the .zip archive for Duokan Lite, there are 2 folders with .bin files. I used the folder with the larger files (a guess) for a new install which worked. I wonder if the other folder is for an upgrade from the previous version? Also will this update work with Jailbreak and hacks installed? Has anyone tried this?
Actually what I suggested seems to be correct . files with larger size(131kb) are for 3.2 and files with size 2kb are for 3.1 . (I used this 2kb files to install DLite on firm 3.1)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #857
Architec of Drea
Architec of Drea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
yes,it's possible: see this post

How to install:
  1. backup your all files in your Kindle
  2. Reset to factory default (menu>setings>menu>reset to factory defaults)
  3. follow the steps on this post
Thank you for your response.

When I reset to factory default, I still have the firmware 3.2.1, is that a problem?

EDITED: THANK YOU, MAN! I installed it.

Last edited by Architec of Drea; 09-13-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Architec of Drea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #858
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architec of Drea View Post
Thank you for your response.

When I reset to factory default, I still have the firmware 3.2.1, is that a problem?

EDITED: THANK YOU, MAN! I installed it.
I'm glad to see that you could install it.

Last edited by thomass; 09-13-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #859
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Please, can anyone update the first post and put a new one with the latest version?

Is Duokan usable as a replacement of the official firmware? What features it supports?

Are there plans for an English website?

I can collaborate translating to from English to Spanish

Last edited by timofonic; 09-14-2011 at 02:55 PM.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #860
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
Please, can anyone update the first post and put a new one with the latest version?

Is Duokan usable as a replacement of the official firmware? What features it supports?

I'll open a new one on the following release

People here are not from Duokan Team(except tracy2011)

You can use Duokan Lite for your PDFs and ePubs

You should translate English.txt in DK_System/lite/res/language and name it as Spanish.txt; And choose Spanish from the settings menu. You can use the attachment instead( It is a Google translation, therefore you should check,and correct it before using)
You can collaborate by uploading your final Spanish.txt

It's independent from the official one. You can use it as an alternative OS. Keep in mind that it doesn't support mobi,azw files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Spanish.txt (16.6 KB, 498 views)
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #861
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post

I've just noticed that your Kindle is not Kindle3. Therefore you can't use this version(Duokan Lite). Instead try this one (Duokan): http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
Old 09-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #862
thomass
Wizard

Duokan Team says uninstalling Duokan Lite (version: lite909) has a risk of bricking , please do not use the uninstallers: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...SC-gLxZppGy9Uw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I'll open a new one on the following release
thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175

Last edited by thomass; 09-19-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #863
aladino
aladino began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I Kindle users,

Very interesting forum, what you have created here!
Here comes a new question.

I have Doukan on my kindle. i use to take notes or make bookmarks while reading.
these are saved by doukan in a dkp file or exported to a dpr file.
does anyone know how to access these type of files outside doukan?
thanks
aladino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 AM   #864
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could this alternative OS be used on new Amazon electronic readers announced a few days ago?
Font is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #865
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
It's extremely unlikely, the Touch/Cheap models use a new release of the software, the Touch would also need to be supported by driver and hopefully retroactive support in the UI will be possible.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #866
Fuzzy2011
Fuzzy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
In doukan, is it possible to use the links in pdf contents?
Fuzzy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #867
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy2011 View Post
In doukan, is it possible to use the links in pdf contents?
In Duokan Lite, it is not possible to use the links. I don't think it is possible in Duokan either but I am not sure. In fact now I have almost stopped using Duokan for Duokan lite is equally functional and becoming more so. I wish they add html and mobi support too...
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #868
iateadonut
iateadonut began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Has anyone tried duokan (pronounced 'dwo-kahn') on kindle touch?
iateadonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #869
sofreshsofoul
sofreshsofoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
There is new doukan Kindle support at http://www.kindleos.com
sofreshsofoul is offline   Reply With Quote