Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
They're selling like hotcakes!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #32
foggyidea
nook believer
foggyidea has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.foggyidea has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.foggyidea has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.foggyidea has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
My wife ordered my nook (pre-ordered actually) and I rec'd it for christmas. I am writing because I was surprised yesterday to see a nice display at the Harvard Coop in Cambridge MA! It was at least as nice and large as any I have seen at a B&N.. They had covers, skins and sleeves for sale as well...
foggyidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
bleugh
Enthusiast
bleugh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Gah, still haven't gotten mine down-under yet, and it was apparently placed on order on the 12th Dec........patience can only last so long y'know and there's a few other nice lookin' models coming out
bleugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #34
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRunner View Post
I guess the Nook is displayed on a store-by-store basis. Both B&N stores near me have huge displays in front of the walk in with demos and a buffet of cases and accessories! I lucked out!
The store I frequent in Wellington had not gotten its display case yet, they just had the demo model at the customer service kiosk. The one I went to in Gardens had a rather decent display as soon as you walk through the front door. It was like a buffet of accessories with the nook in center for play. I really really liked the way the kiosk was displayed.

Very apple like.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
i got my nook in-store three days ago. the store near me had the demo model and that was what caught my eye a few days before i picked up the nook. the demo really works. anyways, the demo was at the customer service desk and the employee there was jazzed about the nook and offered to show me how to use it. but, i told her i wanted to poke around. when i was done playing with it, she asked if i wanted to pick one up that night and i told her, "yes, but no."

then i did some research and went back three nights ago and picked one up. i read threads about where to get the nook itself in the store, so i just went to the front checkout line and ask for it. the cashier started his sales speech without listening to what i was asking for (ie. i asked, "can i get a nook?"). stopped him half-way through and told him i *want* a nook. he looked surprised at me and asked, "you really want a nook?" and i told him "yes". he called to the back and an employee brought three up to the front.

i have been loving my nook ever since. i'm coming from the prs-505->prs-300->nook.
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #36
denisek
denisek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic, HTC Incredible, Xoom
Just returned home with my nook.

Last week while visiting my son in PA I tried to buy one. The web site said the store had it in stock. They lied.
The store has never had any. I blasted an email to B&N and they could care less.

Went to NJ today and this time I called to verify that they had them.
As soon as you walked into the store there was a big display.
I asked if they would get it going and updated.
Since I already had a B&N account it was no problem. The latest update was already installed.

I picked up the smoke silicon cover and the screen saver. I just ordered the m-edge go cover and light.
I downloaded some free books and now I'm going to check out my local library.

Thanks for listening, I'm excited.

Denise
denisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #37
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, denisek.

Enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions or join in on conversations.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #38
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisek View Post
Just returned home with my nook.

Last week while visiting my son in PA I tried to buy one. The web site said the store had it in stock. They lied.
The store has never had any. I blasted an email to B&N and they could care less.

Since I already had a B&N account it was no problem. The latest update was already installed.

I picked up the smoke silicon cover and the screen saver. I just ordered the m-edge go cover and light.

Thanks for listening, I'm excited.

Denise
Welcome to MR and Congrats!

I find it intriguing that even after finding that B&N couldn't care less you still bought the nook???
Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #39
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

Denise I just got mine earlier this month. I'm new like you. I ordered mine onlne and received it in 2 days. I bought my wife a Kindle2 and had to get an ereader for myself. I'm sure you will love your Nook. I know I'm really enjoying mine. I also purchased a M-Edge cover and light. They are great accessories.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #40
denisek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Welcome to MR and Congrats!

I find it intriguing that even after finding that B&N couldn't care less you still bought the nook???
Thanks for the welcome.
I did most of my research here prior to purchasing.

I wouldn't let a nameless, clueless customer service rep deter my from my mission.

Denise
Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #41
denisek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
Denise I just got mine earlier this month. I'm new like you. I ordered mine onlne and received it in 2 days. I bought my wife a Kindle2 and had to get an ereader for myself. I'm sure you will love your Nook. I know I'm really enjoying mine. I also purchased a M-Edge cover and light. They are great accessories.

~eddie
Interesting that you went with two different e-readers.
Where is south Jersey are you? I grew up in Paramus.
Denise
Old 02-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #42
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Interesting that you went with two different e-readers.
Where is south Jersey are you? I grew up in Paramus.
Denise
I like your reply to the last post. One bad experience with a customer service rep is not necessarily a reflection of the business.

I live in Galloway Township which is about 12 miles Northwest of Atlantic City. I surprised my wife with a Kindle2 on Christmas. She had borrowed one from a friend of hers and like it. She is much more of a reader than I am. I'm more of a gadget person. My wife was having so much fun with hers I decided to get one for myself but the Nook appealed to me more than the Kindle.

I guess you may know from this forum that you can softroot your Nook and get a lot of extra featues. I did mine. It's very easy.

~eddie
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #43
kennyc

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.
I did most of my research here prior to purchasing.

I wouldn't let a nameless, clueless customer service rep deter my from my mission.

Denise
Hee-hee!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #44
denisek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
I guess you may know from this forum that you can softroot your Nook and get a lot of extra featues. I did mine. It's very easy.

~eddie
I just got three books downloaded from B&N and my local library and you want me to what?

I guess more research tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.

Denise
Old 02-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #45
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
I just got three books downloaded from B&N and my local library and you want me to what?
Softroot is pretty easy if you go by the instructions. The Nook is fine without it but if you ever decide it give it a try the instructions are here
http://nookdevs.com/Softroot You can also find video instructions on YouTube. Here are some of the features in a video on this forum
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=softroot

~eddie