Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
harpum
Enthusiast
harpum began at the beginning.

Device: Axim 51v/LG chocolate
Could you make a script for changing button shortcut for me?

Because I do not know programming, I cannot change button shortcut.
For example, I want to assign CF-card to news.
I guess it will not be difficult to expert.

Thanks.
harpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpum
Because I do not know programming, I cannot change button shortcut.
For example, I want to assign CF-card to news.
AFAIK, the attached scripts should do the trick.

For connecting the news button to the compactflash slot, use the script
newsbutton2cf.sh

To undo the previous script, that is, for re-connecting the news button to the newspapers folder, use the script
newsbutton2newspapers.sh

Hope it works (have not tried it...). You will need to have installed the sh exec support package; if you don't have it, request it here: http://developer.irexnet.com/
Attached Files
File Type: zip newsbutton.zip (434 Bytes, 526 views)
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 AM   #3
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
That should indeed do the trick.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
doctorwes
doctorwes began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
The script does work - thank you - though it still says "Newspapers" at the top of the screen.
doctorwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

No way to change that, I'm afraid.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
For connecting the news button to the compactflash slot, use the script
newsbutton2cf.sh[/url]
Should it not link to the newspapers directory on the CF card rather than the root dir?

eg:
ln -s /mnt/cf/newspapers /opt/content/newspapers

instead of

ln -s /mnt/cf /opt/content/newspapers
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat
Should it not link to the newspapers directory on the CF card rather than the root dir?
harpum "want[ed] to assign CF-card to news [button]", this is what the script does.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Is it posible to assign the news button to (for example) flip pages, or any other button. If so, how could be done? and would it be dangerous to the Iliad?. Unfourtunately i have no formation or skills to do this (i even don´t know if it is doable?)

Thanks a lot.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
harpum "want[ed] to assign CF-card to news [button]", this is what the script does.
Ah that makes more sense, I guess I should sign up for the shell hack so I can see these things for my self

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario
Is it posible to assign the news button to (for example) flip pages, or any other button.
This would be a great option to have.
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:35 AM   #10
Matthijs
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario
Is it posible to assign the news button to (for example) flip pages, or any other button.
That is not possible.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:13 AM   #11
raevyn1
Connoisseur
raevyn1 doesn't litterraevyn1 doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony Reader, Treo 755p, Palm T|X
Another non-programmer here. Thanks for this script, Antartica. Could the News button point to the MMC card instead?
raevyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #12
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by raevyn1
Another non-programmer here. Thanks for this script, Antartica. Could the News button point to the MMC card instead?
Of course X-D.

Attached is an upgraded package, with more scripts:
newsbutton2cf.sh for connecting the news button to the compact flash slot
newsbutton2cf.sh for connecting the news button to the SD/MMC slot
newsbutton2usb.sh for connecting the news button to the USB-stick port
newsbutton2newspapers.sh to restore the original connection to the newspapers folder

Hope that covers all the needed functionality. I would never though that a two-line script would be so gladly received
Attached Files
File Type: zip newsbutton_0.2.zip (831 Bytes, 487 views)
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
Matthijs
Groupie

Maybe you could help Tribble by writing another 2-liner one that moves Settings and Profiles to the end of the Device Manager?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #14
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
All-in-one-Package with Contentlister GUI.
Script recognizes the directory [on MMC, CF, USB] - in root or subfolder - you want to link to. All 4 buttons are included.

contents of readme.txt in zip-file:
Quote:
:: why this? ::
Because you want to hack iLiad's news/books/docs/notes button without any risks.
You want to link a self choosen directory to a button.

:: Needed steps for news button hack::
[1] Copy the folder link_news_button_2_CF_MMC_USB to a directory which you want to link to the news button.
[2] Insert CF, MMC, or USB stick in iLiad & navigate to your choosen folder.
[3] Click on the entry "Link CF, MMC, or MMC to news button"
[4] Happy news button pressing. ;-)
[4] Click on the entry "Restore default settings of news button." to get back default settings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip link_buttons_2_CF_MMC_USB.zip (12.9 KB, 529 views)

Last edited by yokos; 02-06-2007 at 08:01 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs
Maybe you could help Tribble by writing another 2-liner one that moves Settings and Profiles to the end of the Device Manager?
OH YES! I would so love that
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote