Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
zs55
zs55 began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Ideos S7 Slim
Margin bottom, top problem on tablet

In the sigil preview and calibre viewer and other windows e-book readers the margin-top and margin-bottom work fine for headers and paragraphs but when i use the epub on my tablet in fbreader there are no margins for headers and paragraphs at all.

I tried with different margin-bottom, margin-top values, none worked on the tablet. I don't understand.

Code:
.calibre5 {
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 1em;
    text-align: center;
    text-indent: 0;
    }
Code:
 <h3 class="calibre5" id="sigil_toc_id_1" title="1. INDULÁSOK ÉS ÉRKEZÉSEK"><span class="calibre3"><span><span class="calibre4">INDULÁSOK ÉS ÉRKEZÉSEK</span></span></span></h3>

<p class="calibre2"><span class="calibre3"><span><span class="calibre4">Eugene Skinner őrmester baljós tekintettel nézett végig a díszőrségként kivezényelt osztagon. Néhány percen belül egy tábornoknak kell keresztüljönnie a Csillagkapun, hogy ellenőrizze az Abydoson állomásozó haderőt. Az első katonai egység, amellyel találkozik, Skinner tizenhárom embere lesz.</span></span></span></p>
zs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
zs55
Your tablet (reader) is probably set to override the documents settings.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
More likely, FBReader does not support CSS very well. Don't expect FBReader to honor things it does not understand.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Moderator Notice
This is clearly not a Sigil problem. Moving this thread.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
zs55

But with other epubs the top, bottom margins work fine (mostly) in fbreader. I don't understand.

Should i just use &nbsp if i want line space then?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since your tablet runs some version of Android, I suggest you try Bluefire Reader and Aldiko and see which one you like best. I know Bluefire is based on the ADE SDK and I have used it on my iPad & I do use it on my iPhone.

FBReader is a poor choice for ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
zs55

double

Last edited by zs55; 05-23-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
zs55

Ok, i could solve it in the FBReader options.

In Settings i changed these to:

Text -> More styles -> Regular paragraph:

- Space before: 8
- Space after: 8
- First line indent: 20

Margins:

- left: 32
- right: 32
- top: 25
- bottom: 25

CSS:

- uncheck Font size

Fonts:

- I created a /sdcard/Fonts/ directory and copied Adobe Caslon Pro font into it.
- Set Adobe Caslon Pro font in settings

Now it looks like this: