Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #16
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
FWIW, the curly quotes of the original PRC show up fine in MobiPocket Reader on both the PC and Pocket PC versions. I'll try it on my iLiad when I get home from work.
Please also try the ebook that I just posted on your various readers. I'm curious to know if using the tags works in all cases (I think they will).
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #17
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

OK, I just downloaded and installed BD. BD is converting these HTML tags to the actual character when loading the source file. I looked, but can find no way to tell BD not to do this.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well I tried your HTML samples and in BD and the Mobipocket PRC did not display properly in FBReader. The Simple-PRC worked fine. FB2 works fine as well, but the format is kinda like Simple-PRC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #19
jbenny
Addict

Exactly what settings are you using in BD to get a PRC that displays correctly? No matter what I do, I still get little squares. I am trying this on the latest Windows version of FBReader.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #20
jbenny
Addict

It seems that FB2 is no good, as you loose the em-dashes and the grave-accent "a" character.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
jbenny
Addict

I'm fresh out of ideas for now. The only thing that seems to work correctly for me is to extract the HTML file from the original PRC, change the characters to HTML tags, then use MakeDoc to re-create the PRC. Since MakeDoc isn't doing any character conversion like BD, things display fine in FBReader.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
I'm fresh out of ideas for now. The only thing that seems to work correctly for me is to extract the HTML file from the original PRC, change the characters to HTML tags, then use MakeDoc to re-create the PRC. Since MakeDoc isn't doing any character conversion like BD, things display fine in FBReader.
I used Simple-PRC which loses the formatting so that's not a good idea.

What I could try is writing out HTML from BD and then using Mobipocket disktop to make the mobi file and try FBReader on it.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #23
jbenny
Addict

In addition, you might take the HTML file I posted (with the tags) and run that through MobiPocket Desktop, since we know that BD is doing character substitution. Please post both PRCs, so I can try them, too.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I can confirm that the original book displays fine on the iLiad MobiPocket Reader too, so the problem seems to be specific to FBReader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Here are the results of importing as is into Mobipocket for Windows.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Study.prc (23.7 KB, 661 views)
File Type: prc Study2.prc (24.0 KB, 634 views)
Old 10-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #26
jbenny
Addict

OK, this shows that MobiPocket for Windows isn't messing with the source file. That is a good thing.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

But what are those aaaaa I see?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #28
jbenny
Addict

If you mean at the start of a pargraph, I'm not seeing those in the last two files you posted. The only time I saw them was when I was trying different character-set encodings in the HTML source. What language do you have FBReader set to? Given that it doesn't have a selection for "English", I chose "Other".
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It was set to Russian. I didn't know about the language setting.

I set it to Other and then reloaded one of the books and the aaaa is gone now. Thanks.