Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #136
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, StoryHD, PW4
The file must always be named "KoboRoot.tgz". I still give them full name (KoboRoot-<name>-<version>.tgz) since otherwise at some point you'll have a dozen KoboRoot(123).tgz downloaded on your PC and you don't know what's what.

No idea regarding Kobo Touch N905. I only have a H2O. And I think a semi-broken Glo which I bought for experiments but I don't get around to testing with that usually... sorry

Regarding your Clara, no idea why it would freeze either. Try holding the power button for 30s?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:11 AM   #137
famfam
Enthusiast
famfam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
@frostschutz
And yes, it also works on Kobo Touch N905. Its a bit to high on top but readable. And on my Kobo Clara it works very well. Thank you for helping me. The frozen Clara was light on the whole night and it needed about 12 hours, until the battery was empty. I loaded it and it works as before the accident. For the next time I will remember the tip putting the button for 30 sec. Thats it.
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #138
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
And yes, it also works on Kobo Touch N905. Its a bit to high on top but readable.
Oh, that sounds like you just have to adjust the x/y offsets in the miniclock.cfg then?

Thanks for reporting back!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #139
famfam
Enthusiast
famfam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
@frostschutz
Yes. And I am trying now to put the offsets to the right corner at the bottom. I tried some examples from this thread, but its still on the top left.
And whats about Clara. Has anybody the offset values for bottom right corner found out for Clara?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #140
frostschutz
Linux User

maybe you're changing the wrong offset setting... there is one for bitmap font mode, another for truetype font mode (the truetype settings all start with truetype_*)

anyhow, guess I should add support for negative values meaning offset from corners...
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #141
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
The original Touch is a weird little beast.

I can't guarantee that at least some specific models aren't lying about where (0, 0) is.

If you have shell access, that'd be easy enough to confirm... .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #142
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
anyhow, guess I should add support for negative values meaning offset from corners...
Next version will handle negative margins for OT/TTF (much like it already does for row/col/hoffset/voffset with fixed-cell fonts) .
Old 11-16-2018, 05:59 AM   #143
frostschutz
Linux User

/me looks at his looong list of feature requests
/me ticks off one item
Old 11-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #144
frostschutz
Linux User

Updated it again. Download link: MiniClock

This update:

- updates fbink (again). negative offsets might work now, not tested.
- adds padding option for truetype (default on). without padding, it's possible for a fragment to remain when updating 00:00 to 00:01 since 0 is wider than 1. for now padding simply works by adding space character to the format string...
- changes delay and repeat setting. the old delay=1 repeat=3 is now delay=1 1 1 meaning wait 1 second, update clock, wait 1 second, update clock, wait 1 second, update clock

This way you can control how much delay there should be between each individual attempt to update the clock. Like if your pageflip usually takes longer than one second there is no point to try to update it after one second, so you could set delay=2 1 or delay=3 instead.

Note if you set the delay too high it might not show up at all (since the miniclock background task might get frozen).
Old 11-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #145
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yes, you got the negative margins support in your build .

And a quick warning for Forma owners, I'd messed up the DPI setting in previous versions, so you'll probably have to re-do your tweaks, sorry about that ;/.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-17-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #146
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
/me looks at his looong list of feature requests
/me ticks off one item

Hey, you're doing IRC, right? Seems like such a long time ago, in internet time. I wonder how many heads that will go over...
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #147
Zorka
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O
Question Language

Is there a way to display the date in the language of the firmware?
My language is set to dutch, if I go to settings -> Date Time (instellingen -> Datum Tijd) everything is displayed in Dutch. Miniclock always displays time in english
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #148
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony:PRS-350, Kobo:Aura6"/H2O/GloHD/KA1/ClaraHD/Forma
@frostschutz, NiLuJe,

Might it be possible to access the current battery% and have an option to append it to the date/time string?

I don't wish to hassle, but I would be interested if there was such an option some day.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #149
frostschutz
Linux User

I can query the battery, well, on my H2O anyway (it's in /sys/devices/platform/pmic_battery.1/power_supply/mc13892_bat/capacity) not sure if identical on all Kobo platforms.

@Zorka: busybox date does not support locale time... I could supply a date binary that does, but then the locale files are missing, and including locale for all languages, uh - that's a bit too large (3MiB compressed judging from debian locales-all package).

Not worth it for localizing 7 days 12 months? Guess I'll just have to finagle it into the config file... -.-
Old 11-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #150
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@frostschutz: Yeah, that sysfs path seems pretty standard on Kobo .