Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 03:34 AM   #16
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I will put in a special plea for the Catesby series by Edward Wilson. I began with one in the middle, loved it went back to the beginning and have been making my way through (this is how they should be read as events link in through the books).

For some idea of style, the closest I can think is le Carre in his The Spy Who Came In From The Cold/Tinker Tailor period.

Last edited by church mouse; 11-11-2018 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Spelling error
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #17
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I've been slowly going through Ian Fleming's James Bond books. They are dated, but I'm surprised at how much I'm still enjoying them. I didn't appreciate how good a writer Fleming was when I read them 35 years ago. Bonus points for being in the public domain in Canada, at least until the USMCA kicks in.
I read them all (for the first time) a short while ago and enjoyed them all too.

I tried the first as a trial but that convinced me to read the rest - they also prompted me to rerun some of the movies too .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert