Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
Perfect10
Perfect10 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Yoga 2in1 Laptop
Search for all books that have only one tag

How could I search for all books that have only one tag?

Originally, I could only think of one solution. I wanted to know if I could search for "quantity of tags=1" and asked how I would go about doing that.

I needed a quick solution so I isolated tags in the book details pane on the right, so I could see what I was doing, and was about to go through all the books one-by-one, sorted by title. I quickly realized I could sort books by tag and find the group of books that have only one tag quite easily.

I wanted to delete this post, but I couldn't figure it out.

Last edited by Perfect10; 12-02-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added comments
Perfect10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#search-sort
Quote:
You can search for the number of items in multiple-valued fields such as tags. These searches begin with the character #, then use the same syntax as numeric fields. For example, to find all books with more than 4 tags use tags:#>4. To find all books with exactly 10 tags use tags:#=10.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect10 View Post
I wanted to delete this post, but I couldn't figure it out.
Regular members can't delete posts - if you want something deleted hit the little '!' button to the right of the Karma button and leave a msg there.

But we'll leave it as is - you gave a solution, and Peter T added another (better) one - someone might find them useful.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
search expresions, tags