Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #406
gafortiby
gafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheese

Device: nook simple touch
I just want to add that I find Google's free Spectral font to be amazing. Like Bookerly, it was designed to for screen reading. Unfortunately it renders a bit too thin on Kobo screens. Which is odd because it renders nicely on Nook screens.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Spectral

Last edited by gafortiby; 09-11-2018 at 02:51 PM.
gafortiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:10 AM   #407
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafortiby View Post
I just want to add that I find Google's free Spectral font to be amazing. Like Bookerly, it was designed to for screen reading. Unfortunately it renders a bit too thin on Kobo screens. Which is odd because it renders nicely on Nook screens.

Use the Medium and Medium-Italic for Regular and Italic and the bold variations for bold. That should solve the problem of being too thin. of if that's not working, use the Semi-Bold and Extra-Bold versions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #408
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glo HD, H2o2, Clara, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafortiby View Post

Thank you for the link. I loaded it on my Clara and it looks fine just increasing the thickness (but you need to patch for this).
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:42 AM   #409
gafortiby
gafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheesegafortiby can extract oil from cheese

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Thank you for the link. I loaded it on my Clara and it looks fine just increasing the thickness (but you need to patch for this).
Yes! i used the patch to increase weight and it looks great.
gafortiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #410
patrik
Addict
patrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy bluepatrik can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook InkPad 3
Hmm, this is a pretty strange font that supposidly helps the brain retain the information read. If true, it may be helpful while reading non-fiction.

Maybe some of you font experts know how to make it e-ink/kobo friendly?

http://sansforgetica.rmit/
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #411
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Hmm, this is a pretty strange font that supposidly helps the brain retain the information read. If true, it may be helpful while reading non-fiction.

Maybe some of you font experts know how to make it e-ink/kobo friendly?

http://sansforgetica.rmit/
The articles I've read about this font, the creators specifically said they would not recommend putting an entire book in it, just key phrases and passges that were deemed worthy of special remembrance. Like a "highlight" font.
stuartjmz is online now   Reply With Quote