Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #46
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I can set up a chip-in account if there is enough interest. Alternatively I can provide an appropriate Euro-denominated PayPal address, which would be better for people who don't live in US$ because we would avoid double currency conversions. If I take the latter approach I would post progress here. In both cases I would refund all the contributions if the goal is not reached, as happened with my proposed Android project some time back.
I would be happy to donate $15-20 via PayPal if this is what is needed to have this happen. With luck, enough other people who like the tags to collection feature would consider doing the same to make it happen sooner. It wouldn't actually take tons of people at say $10 each.

Keep us posted.

Quote:
Note that I can't commit that the T1 will integrate to the same level as the previous Sonys until I see it. Assuming kolenka is correct it should be possible, but the devil will be in the details (Kindle collections are a great example of ways to break integration). Also note that I expect to support the device using the cable, not over WiFi.
Understood.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #47
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I also want to say that being totally clueless myself about how all these drivers and functions get made/added to Calibre, a huge THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO ARE WORKING TO FIGURE IT OUT!

Hubby's T-1 arrived today and it appears to be a very nice device indeed! He has not, in the past, been very organized with his old original Nook (and I can't blame him, because I tried Shelves and quickly abandoned them as too cumbersome). He is looking forward to getting a chance to try the tags to collection thing in Calibre.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #48
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
Those volumes appear as soon as you enable "transfer via usb" and are independent to either the sony software or calibre at least on a mac with os x 10.7.
Yes, I understand, this is most likely how all T1s will work.

I just wanted to point out that the "eject this device" feature in the current beta version of calibre only unmounts one of the two volumes.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #49
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I would be happy to donate $15-20 via PayPal if this is what is needed to have this happen. With luck, enough other people who like the tags to collection feature would consider doing the same to make it happen sooner. It wouldn't actually take tons of people at say $10 each.
It seems that Kolenka has a T1 and is making good progress on a driver. I am happy to not be needed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #50
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post

I just wanted to point out that the "eject this device" feature in the current beta version of calibre only unmounts one of the two volumes.
gotcha sorry for my confusion.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #51
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It seems that Kolenka has a T1 and is making good progress on a driver. I am happy to not be needed.
Oh, I'm still gonna need someone more familiar to help polish the driver. I think about all I'll be able to pull off is a basic one that integrates with the database.

I've got a driver that right now will actually create the collections (no thumbnail support), but it needs a bit more polish before it's usable. Current issues are:

- Does more operations on the database than needed.
- Empty databases produce weird/incorrect id #s (seems like a SQLite bug)
- Doesn't delete books out of the DB correctly when removing them.
- Doesn't remove empty collections.
- Doesn't support anything but tags for collections, and can't turn it off.
- Doesn't support generation/copying of thumbnails or any other advanced feature of the 505 driver.

So, right now it reads metadata from the device correctly. It also reads collection information from the device. You can add books to collections straight on the device by editing metadata. You can also send books and it will add it to collections based on your tags (but not series). I've split it out from the PRS505 driver since it can't really share any of the code.

It may have unknown issues on Windows as well.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #52
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post

I think this same bug is present with the previous models that have a "Settings" volume as well.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #53
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I think this same bug is present with the previous models that have a "Settings" volume as well.
Just FYI, I have never had this problem with my PRS650 using Windows XP.

When I connect I get 4 drives (IM, 2xremovable cards, Setting). When I use Calibre eject or Windows "Remove USB mass storage device", all 4 drives are disconnected. No probs at all.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-07-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #54
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just FYI, I have never had this problem with my PRS650 using Windows XP.

When I connect I get 4 drives (IM, 2xcards, Settings). When I use Calibre eject or Windows "Remove USB mass storage device", all 4 drives are disconnected. No probs at all.
I've never used Calibre on Windows, but I wouldn't be surprised that such a bug is platform specific. I have only used OS X, and can't be 100% sure it is consistent, to be honest. But how devices work on Windows versus Linux/BSD platforms is pretty different.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #55
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Yes it is platform specific, just tested.

At home, I'm running OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) and experience this bug.

Just tested the same beta version of calibre on Windows 7 at work and the "eject this device" works as expected and unmounts both volumes.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #56
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just got through 24 hours of flying so I'm a little loopy, but, IIRC, on Unix (OS X and linux) calibre only ejects the drives it knows about, i.e. not the SETTINGS, etc. partitions. On windows it ejects everything.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #57
Ridley
Ridley began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch Edition
Just wanted to thank those of you who are smart enough to work on these things. I just bought a new T1 today and totally didn't even think something like this needed to happen.

Thanks for making reading on a Sony without using their shitty library a reality.
Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Just wanted to thank those of you who are smart enough to work on these things. I just bought a new T1 today and totally didn't even think something like this needed to happen.

Thanks for making reading on a Sony without using their shitty library a reality.
I'm sorry you are not capable of properly using Reader Library. But I've been using most versions since my 500 and it's worked very well and very easy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #59
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm sorry you are not capable of properly using Reader Library. But I've been using most versions since my 500 and it's worked very well and very easy.
Do we need to do this here? I've got my own opinions of the latest Sony app (the one you have to use with the T1), but I won't go into it here.

I've opened up a bug with an early patch for the T1. It supports collections mostly similar to how the 505 driver supports it. Seems to handle additions, deletes, and editing collections directly well enough. Doesn't support any of the advanced thumbnail stuff that can be done on the 350/6xx/9xx models though. Should be easy to add, but I don't know if I'll be the one to do it.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #60
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I've opened up a bug with an early patch for the T1. It supports collections mostly similar to how the 505 driver supports it. Seems to handle additions, deletes, and editing collections directly well enough. Doesn't support any of the advanced thumbnail stuff that can be done on the 350/6xx/9xx models though. Should be easy to add, but I don't know if I'll be the one to do it.
Great news Kkolenka! Thanks so much for your efforts! Collections is really the big issue.

When will this be released so that we can test it?

Thanks again!
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote