Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #1591
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony:PRS-350, Kobo:Aura6"/H2O/GloHD/KA1/ClaraHD/Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Maybe I'm missing something; I hope so.

The only way I see to navigate within a book on my eink Kobos is the slider button. At its best, it's not at all granular and the larger the book and the smaller the device, the worse it gets. In order to switch seamlessly among devices and pick up where I left off, I'd like to be able to input the ADE page number. That's how it worked on my Sonys.
No, it's me getting hold of the wrong end of the stick I was wrongly assuming that matching the page numbers was the bigger issue not the physical navigation bit.

When using the page slider I tend to drag it to roughly get to the right general area of the book, e.g. half-way, two-thirds etc. Then I place my index finger on the slider and sort-of roll it to the side, rather than drag it, which seems to be a bit more accurate. Once I'm within a few pages of the target I just use page turns till I arrive. Bit of a palaver, but you can get quite good at it eventually. Typing the actual number, as you requested, would obviously be quicker.

Last edited by jackie_w; 08-31-2018 at 12:30 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #1592
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
No, it's me getting hold of the wrong end of the stick I was wrongly assuming that matching the page numbers was the bigger issue not the physical navigation bit.

When using the page slider I tend to drag it to roughly get to the right general area of the book, e.g. half-way, two-thirds etc. Then I place my index finger on the slider and sort-of roll it to the side, rather than drag it, which seems to be a bit more accurate. Once I'm within a few pages of the target I just use page turns till I arrive. Bit of a palaver, but you can get quite good at it eventually. Typing the actual number, as you requested, would obviously be quicker.
It IS a palaver. And when the Kobo allows me to type in the page number of the collections listing, I see no reason why they couldn't allow the same within books.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 01:12 PM   #1593
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Bit of a palaver, but you can get quite good at it eventually. Typing the actual number, as you requested, would obviously be quicker.
Yes, but....

Short book on my Aura One, good enough. But my example of trying to navigate within a thousand-page book on my Mini was not hyperbole, although it's an extreme example. In any case, being able to jump to the exact page would be much easier, hence my request! I wouldn't think it would be a difficult feature to implement.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #1594
JIPG-reader
Connoisseur
JIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
This is a feature that all my previous ereaders had and I miss it a lot in the Kobo. So +1 for the request to implement it.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #1595
compurandom
Addict
compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Also +1 adding ability to jump to a page.

I frequently edit books with calibre to add a TOC to help get around the lack of "jump to a page number"...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2018, 04:51 PM   #1596
khm
khm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Page 2 of Reading Settings has disappeared. Rakuten support says this is intentional, and I may no longer opt out of Reading Life. Please let me opt out of Reading Life.
khm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #1597
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by khm View Post
Page 2 of Reading Settings has disappeared. Rakuten support says this is intentional, and I may no longer opt out of Reading Life. Please let me opt out of Reading Life.
That option was moved to the Energy saving and privacy page of the settings. It was also renamed, but it does the same thing.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #1598
Amon_Re
Enthusiast
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That option was moved to the Energy saving and privacy page of the settings. It was also renamed, but it does the same thing.
What's it called now? I just checked on my A1 and I've seen nothing like this
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #1599
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony:PRS-350, Kobo:Aura6"/H2O/GloHD/KA1/ClaraHD/Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
What's it called now? I just checked on my A1 and I've seen nothing like this
It's called 'Automatically share data about the features you use' - snappy, huh?

It's on page 2.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #1600
Ferretqueen
Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ferretqueen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Glo
Please solve the Author problem in Kobo Aura H20. Under Books > Author - Kobo breaks Author (SN, GN) into two separate authors 1 Surname and 2 Given name....... e.g. sent from Calibre sorted as Cherryh, C.J comes into Kobo: Books > Author as author 1 C.J and author 2 Cherryh.... grrrrrrrrr....
Ferretqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #1601
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretqueen View Post
Please solve the Author problem in Kobo Aura H20. Under Books > Author - Kobo breaks Author (SN, GN) into two separate authors 1 Surname and 2 Given name....... e.g. sent from Calibre sorted as Cherryh, C.J comes into Kobo: Books > Author as author 1 C.J and author 2 Cherryh.... grrrrrrrrr....
Perhaps if you did not send the author name with a , in it? How Kobo's software handles that has not changed in years. Send the ebook with the author in FN LN. Your Kobo will happily sort by the last name.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-14-2018 at 07:53 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:54 AM   #1602
price
price began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I don't know if this thread is still alive.
But, could you please add an option "Archive and jump to next article" on the menu that jumps out at the end of a Pocket article?
price is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo