Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #751
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
This sounds like a weird book:

[B][I]In Rules for Reformers,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SNSG7AS.
Also a freebie at Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SNSG7AS.
Little.Egret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:29 PM   #752
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
When you add it to your cart it becomes free. W&S does it like that every time.
Make sure to follow the directions carefully. If you do even one thing wrong, the ordering system is very unforgiving. I have spent literally an hour or more trying to straighten things out from punching the wrong key--more like an hour and a half the last time, and I never did get the book! In fact, this last time, I wrote Wipf and Stock and told them my issues with their ordering system, and that I was unsubscribing; they haven't unsubscribed me, though.

I noticed that the Kindle version is only $2.99. This time, I'm just going to spring for it.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:58 AM   #753
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Hundreds" of Wipf and Stock Ebooks and Resources Now Only $4.99 Each.

I just got an email from Logos Bible Software saying that "hundreds" of Wipf and Stock resources are now just $4.99 each there. That represents a savings of up to 91%.

Let me address the inevitable question/objection. No, you don't have to have the desktop version of Logos to read any of the Logos books; you can also use the Logos app. Or the Vyrso app. Or Biblia, which is Web-based. That is made possible because of the fact that all three of those companies fall under the FaithLife company's umbrella.

You can read more about this sale at the Logos blog, and https://www.logos.com/publisher-spot...Sspotlight2018.

This sale comes at a fortuitous time for me. Logos has a 2-volume set of Wipf and Stock books on sale that I've wanted. It is already on sale at 50% off at Logos. However, if the individual books are among those in the $4.99 sale, I'll save a sweet additional $15.

An advertisement states that the sale is "this month only," so I assume that you have until the end of November to grab some great bargains from Wipf and Stock publishing.

You may have noticed that I used the word "resources," along with "books." That's because Wipf and Stock is also offering academic journals at the same price of $4.99 (I don't know yet if that is for each, for a year, or what).

Now go and save some big bucks.
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #754
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Joel B. Green's New Horizon Commentary on 1 Peter--$1.99. More for $1.99+.

Amazon has a large number of The Two Horizons Old and New Commentary (THOTC) series on sale at price points of $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99. The prices on the rest of the commentaries in the series are, well . . . . let's say, significantly higher than that.

I am posting this before I have looked over most of the sale selection myself. I can recommend 1 Peter, by Joel B. Green, already, however, based upon 1) ratings for the book--4.3(8) at Amazon and 3.88(24) at GoodReads, 2) the fact that Green is a prolific, highly-regarded scholar and author. (You can see what is basically the CV of his in-print books at this Amazon webpage), and 3) the book is such a substantial one (352 pages), especially for such a relatively short "book" of the Bible.

I'll try to post more "buy" suggestions, after I've had a chance to vet the rest of the marked-down titles.

Here are all of the New Horizon Old and New Testament Commentaries available at Amazon, sorted by price, low to high.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; Today at 12:04 PM.