Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 PM   #841
salejandrocar
salejandrocar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi (N647)
Greetings to all in this fantastic forum

I am contacting you to request a reset image for my Kobo Wifi N647. I don't know if it was due to the update, but all your system files from the internal memory were erased and is now unusable. It was given to me a few days ago and I wouldn't want to lose it, I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me. I would also appreciate if you could give me some specific instructions to apply the image or something else I should do.

Many thanks again to anyone who can help me.
salejandrocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #842
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #843
jean.jordaan
jean.jordaan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note, Kobo Aura H2O (bricked by update)
I bought a Kobo Aura H2O, original edition. After startup it requested a timezone, connected to wifi, and downloaded an update. Then it announced it was going to restart and bricked itself.
Reset does nothing.
The only sign of life is an occasional white/black flash after leaning on the power button or paperclip reset.
Any hope to resurrect this?
jean.jordaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #844
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean.jordaan View Post
I bought a Kobo Aura H2O, original edition. After startup it requested a timezone, connected to wifi, and downloaded an update. Then it announced it was going to restart and bricked itself.
Reset does nothing.
The only sign of life is an occasional white/black flash after leaning on the power button or paperclip reset.
Any hope to resurrect this?
Have you tries a factory reset? See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O for instructions.

Otherwise, you can open the device and restore an image. I have sent you a PM with the link to the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote