Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #31
jlee3
jlee3 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 4
not compatible with calibre. i returned mine. now i hear that calibre is updating for compatibility. after reading your review, i am wondering if I should buy an older version.
jlee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #32
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee3 View Post
not compatible with calibre. i returned mine. now i hear that calibre is updating for compatibility. after reading your review, i am wondering if I should buy an older version.

As of yesterday it is compatible. You should have given it some time for calibre to catch up. I was able to side load via calibre.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #33
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post

Color temperature can fool your eyes. We interpret the light that tends more towards blue ("cooler" temperature) as being brighter and more contrasty. But it's also harsher. Think about the headlights on newer cars. Boy they sure look brighter and whiter coming at you. They are. But we also hate to look into them while they're frying our eyeballs. Most people prefer the older, warmer headlights when facing an oncoming car. Not so harsh.
Yes I've noticed that. I'm surprised there aren't regulations on temp of head lights. Seems like a legitimate safety issue.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #34
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Yes, or the middle of one word seems almost hazy compared to others. Very odd.

I haven't downloaded books yet from my Amazon cloud but am sideloading in from Calibre first. The first batch had the covers at first, then the covers disappeared and have never returned. The second batch seems okay. It really bugs me to have missing covers.

Edited to add: All the rest are working fine for me with covers.
The covers are showing finally but it is still stuck indexing 384 of my books. Madness!!!
Old 11-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #35
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Was it the "Device Options" Advanced Menu? I see it there.
I had to wait till amazon posted the update for paperwhite 10 and now I can see it. I wish there was a power save on the Oasis
Old 11-09-2018, 08:35 PM   #36
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I had to wait till amazon posted the update for paperwhite 10 and now I can see it. I wish there was a power save on the Oasis
There is.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #37
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
The covers are showing finally but it is still stuck indexing 384 of my books. Madness!!!
Ugh sorry about that. I think I was overdownloading my library last night because it restarted and a lot of the books didn't make it over for me. Will have to try again later and not bulk download so much. Otherwise havent' had freezing or restarting issues.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote