Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 06:13 AM   #1
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M not changable

currently I use shortcuts a lot and adjust them for my needs.

Only Ctrl+Alt+M cannot be used by anything.
It can be entered but it is ignored resp. doing nothing.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
As we have recently found. Some shortcuts are OWNED by the OS and can't be used by other apps
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
currently I use shortcuts a lot and adjust them for my needs.

Only Ctrl+Alt+M cannot be used by anything.
It can be entered but it is ignored resp. doing nothing.
I have Ctrl+Alt+M assigned to Clear Marked Books - works fine. So you probably have it assigned to something else. You probably know of these, but in case you don't:

Keyboard Shortcut Lists for Windows, MacOS, Linux.

List Active Keyboard Shortcut Assignments tool in the Job Spy plugin

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:36 AM   #4
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I have Ctrl+Alt+M assigned to Clear Marked Books - works fine.
From your cvs in the other thread I can see you use Alt+Shift+M which works also fine for me.
The issue is with Ctrl (instead of Shift).

I was not aware of the OS limitation to this shortcut but it not really an issue for me.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Just curious: How does Calibre act when a hotkey is in-use by another program? I have a handful of global hotkeys for various programs, though I try to make sure they don't conflict. (Non-customizable hotkeys is one of my banes.)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Just curious: How does Calibre act when a hotkey is in-use by another program? I have a handful of global hotkeys for various programs, though I try to make sure they don't conflict.
If I try to assign an in-use hotkey to a calibre custom sequence the other program kicks in before calibre even sees it. FX, if I press Wordweb's hotkey when setting a calibre custom sequence Wordweb pops up, and the calibre custom sequence shows as Ctrl+Ins

If I exit Wordweb and then set a calibre custom keyboard shortcut to Wordweb's hotkey it works fine, but if I start WordWeb it gets priority. Same with Clipboard Fusion hotkeys. WordWeb and Clipboard Fusion run as background processes, whereas calibre runs as an App. Not sure what would happen if I ran calibre in the tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Non-customizable hotkeys is one of my banes.

When I can, I use the Winkey in global hotkeys and when I can't, I use Ctrl+Shift + top-row keys - I still have ^&*()_ and + available.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote