Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #61
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@frostschutz,

I noticed, with interest, that NiLuJe's new version of fbink 1.8 will now allow use of sideloaded TTF/OTF fonts. Is this something I can now tinker with myself in Miniclock or do I need to wait? I'm not trying to hassle you, just interested.

BTW, if any knowledge of "compiling stuff" is required - that translates to "you'll have to wait, Jackie"
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #62
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, I'll try to support TTF fonts. Well, it's FBInk supporting them and not me, really.

But I think you can't use pixel offsets with them. I have to do some more testing
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #63
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can set the printable area via T/B/L/R margins in pixels, and you can get the screen resolution via eval $(fbink -qe), so you should be able to do roughly the same kind of things with a bit of maths .

The only thing you won't get beforehand is the exact maximum pixel height of a specific font at a given point size, because that's only done from inside the printing loop.

TL;DR: You can actually *only* do pixel positioning .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-03-2018 at 04:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #64
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Hopefully you're both saying that it will still be possible to get the time on the same exact line as the page numbers? I don't mind having to do math or a few tries playing around with it to get it exact, but for someone as picky as me, if it was above or below the page numbers, it would be even worse than a different font correctly lined up. Every time I'd be at the bottom of the page the misalignment would be screaming at me hehe. I can't help it, and I don't mind putting the time in to get it exact.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #65
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Hopefully you're both saying that it will still be possible to get the time on the same exact line as the page numbers? I don't mind having to do math or a few tries playing around with it to get it exact, but for someone as picky as me, if it was above or below the page numbers, it would be even worse than a different font correctly lined up. Every time I'd be at the bottom of the page the misalignment would be screaming at me hehe. I can't help it, and I don't mind putting the time in to get it exact.

Yep, I’m the same!!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2018, 08:08 AM   #66
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, new version, with night mode and true type support, please test it.

new settings for night mode:

Code:
#
# NightMode support:
#
nightmode_file=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.ini
nightmode_key=invertActive
nightmode_value=yes
So this makes it look at the file .kobo/nightmode.ini for the invertActive = yes setting and will likewise invert the MiniClock.

You can change these values, if you want it to ignore the night mode, or if you're using some other night mode mod or setting that has to look at a different config file.

new settings for true type:

Code:
#
# TrueType support:
#
# For fonts inside the MiniClock directory:
#     truetype=yourfont.ttf
#
# For fonts stored elsewhere in the filesystem:
#     truetype=/mnt/onboard/fonts/something.ttf
#
# Only set these if you use *italic*, **bold**, ***bold italic*** in your format string:
#
#     truetype_format=*%a* **%b** ***%d*** %H:%M
#     truetype_bold=yourfont-bold.ttf
#     truetype_italic=yourfont-italic.ttf
#     truetype_bolditalic=yourfont-bolditalic.ttf
#
# Technically, this can also be used for completely different font styles,
# instead of italic or bold variants of the same font.
#
# NOTE: Will fall back to regular mode when font file is unavailable.
#       (e.g. while the device is connected to USB)
#
truetype_size=16
truetype_x=0
truetype_y=0
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE
This isn't enabled by default, and it looks for a font in the MiniClock dir but you can also set a path to fonts elsewhere (like /mnt/onboard/fonts/something).

(Download link in my signature)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #67
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
This isn't enabled by default, and it looks for a font in the MiniClock dir but you can also set a path to fonts elsewhere (like /mnt/onboard/fonts/something).

(Download link in my signature)

As you can see x and y are inverted in KA1, and don't do any case to truetype_format
Spoiler:
Code:
truetype=/mnt/onboard/fonts/Bookerly-Regular.ttf
truetype_format=*%a* **%b** ***%d*** %H:%M
truetype_bold=/mnt/onboard/fonts/Bookerly-Bold.ttf
truetype_italic=/mnt/onboard/fonts/Bookerly-Italic.ttf
truetype_bolditalic=/mnt/onboard/fonts/Bookerly-BoldItalic.ttf
truetype_size=10
truetype_x=1830
truetype_y=1320
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	420
Size:	442.4 KB
ID:	167457  
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #68
frostschutz
Linux User

whoops the x/y inversion is my fault.

I'll fix it in the next version, sorry about that.

(and of course I tested with x=500 y=500 and didn't notice )

----

Edit: Updated, please give it another whirl. Thank you for your patience

Last edited by frostschutz; 11-05-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And before anyone tries: we unfortunately can't use system fonts, because they're obfuscated or encrypted or something... ;/
Old 11-05-2018, 10:32 AM   #70
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
whoops the x/y inversion is my fault.

I'll fix it in the next version, sorry about that.

(and of course I tested with x=500 y=500 and didn't notice )

----

Edit: Updated, please give it another whirl. Thank you for your patience

Don't worry about that.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #71
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question

Thank you, Frostschutz, for all your work with this tiny wonderfool tool!

If I could only get it to work now with a TrueType Font...

Which lines do I need to uncomment and which should be deactivated in order to use a TTF? Is it important to write capitals as in the folder name and font name?
E.g. like this? "truetype=/mnt/onboard/Fonts/ChareInk-Regular.ttf"

What do I write in the original lines for offset, font and font size, etc.?

Also, the values "offset_x=20, offset_y=1390" put the clock into the most upper left corner (no margin), not the lower left.

Edit: At the moment, the clock only shows up after a while when my Clara is connected to the computer, not in a book. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by LucyOne; 11-05-2018 at 03:21 PM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #72
NiLuJe
BLAM!

While in this specific instance, it's not necessary (FAT32), I'd say: always honor case in filepaths by default, that'll save you potential trouble down the road .

I assume it's showing with something other than a TTF font when it's connected to a computer, right?

On the off-chance it's a font-speciifc issue, do you have a link to your exact version of the font in question?
Old 11-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #73
frostschutz
Linux User

Basically there are two sets of settings now... one set for the old bitmap font style, and then a new truetype_* set that will be used for truetype font.

The reason there are two sets is just that when you connect to USB, the /mnt/onboard on the Kobo vanishes so it may appear on the PC instead. And then MiniClock no longer has access to the fonts, so it falls back to the old bitmap font mode instead. (That and you could be deleting or renaming the font without remembering that MiniClock is still set to be using it.)

For MiniClock to show up as you like it in both reading mode, and USB connection mode, you have to configure both the way you like.

If either doesn't show up there's a configuration error, or maybe a problem with the font file. Of course it's also possible there is still a hidden bug in the miniclock. Or simply a caveat, like the clock not appearing when the offset pushes it off screen - start with lower numbers

If you post your config I can check for obvious errors.

Regarding capitalization, /mnt/onboard/ must be in lower case, everything else is case insensitve unless you're also using my ext234 mod which is, uh, hidden somewhere and I'm not even sure if it still works

Last edited by frostschutz; 11-05-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #74
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Just a question. I've included both normal and truetype font. Reading, however, only appears normal font. The cfg file has been read (dirty trick: modify x position, check, done). I'm trying to load ChareInk-Regular from /mnt/onboard/fonts/ChareInk-Regular.ttf, but it doesn't work. How can I check what is happening?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #75
frostschutz
Linux User

that's two people with the same font... does any other font work for you?

also please post your config, and perhaps a download link to the font involved, so I can try and see what happens here

Last edited by frostschutz; 11-05-2018 at 04:38 PM.