Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #2731
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
thank you!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #2732
IVressE
IVressE began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quick question on the Screensaver hack: is there still a limit of 100 images? (except random mode that also takes in stuff from the overflow folder, if I understand correctly)

I have now accumulated quite a few images for use with the Kindle
IVressE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #2733
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@IVressE: Technically, yes. You source pool can be larger, but only 100 of those will be made 'active' and cycled through.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #2734
Karnivour
Karnivour began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PW3
Hi guys,

my Kindle Autoupdated tonight to Version 5.10.2 and the screensavers hack stopped working. So I downloaded the latest python and screensavers files from the snapshots page
and tried to install them via the ;log mrpi command. But the mrpi keeps destroying the package because of a parsing error. The log shows the following error:

[2019-01-29 @ 13:09:55 +0100] :: [MRPI r15595] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4.bin' (python 0.15.N I WARIO+ZELDA+REX) . . .

Failed to parse package 'Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4.bin' (python 0.15.N I WARIO+ZELDA+REX) [return code: 0], skipping . . .

[2019-01-29 @ 13:09:57 +0100] :: [MRPI r15595] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I WARIO+ZELDA+REX) . . .

Failed to parse package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I WARIO+ZELDA+REX) [return code: 0], skipping . . .

Any idea what causes the trouble? I already copied the newest version of the mrpi with the same error.

Thank you for your help.
Karnivour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:23 AM   #2735
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Any idea what causes the trouble?
Most likely: PEBKAC

Please provide more detail than "newest version of MrPI" - I know some of the info **seems* to be in the log file snippets, but be nice to the people who will have to try to duplicate your problem.

things like a link to the file you used would be best - but at least the full archive and other full filenames.

I don't see where you re-installed the "hotfix" nor any information about what else you may have done or not done.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #2736
Karnivour

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Most likely: PEBKAC
Yes most likely! Thanks for helping me again and sry for providing poor information.

I used the following files:

kindle-python-0.15.N-r15706.tar.xz
kindle-linkss-0.25.N-r15715.tar.xz

those already popped the parsing error.

Then I deleted the mrpackages and extensions folder and installed the mrpi using the file:

kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r15706.tar.xz

and tried to install the python and linkss file again. The output of the log file remains unchanged.

Which hotfix has to be reinstalled? Am I missing an essential file?
<edit>

I really forgot about the K5 jailbreak itself. Now I downloaded and installed the file:
Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install

The hotfix solved the problem, so PEBKAC strikes again.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Karnivour; 01-29-2019 at 08:31 AM. Reason: problem solved
Old 01-29-2019, 09:32 AM   #2737
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnivour View Post
- - - -

The hotfix solved the problem, so PEBKAC strikes again.

Thanks again.
Sorry about the attitude, but that problem was posted here and solved very recently.
And of course, whoever posted the problem did not start their own thread so that somebody else (a few days later) could find it by title.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #2738
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speaking of, I've just fixed MRPI so that it at least logs a relevant return code, because the logic was broken, which led to puzzling logging (return 0 behind a -ne 0 check...).

And also, added a comment in the code so that I don't keep forgetting about the most common reason for this specific failure (i.e., a broken bridge).
Old 01-30-2019, 03:23 AM   #2739
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Sorry about the attitude, but that problem was posted here and solved very recently.
And of course, whoever posted the problem did not start their own thread so that somebody else (a few days later) could find it by title.
Not everyone is as good as I am.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:49 AM   #2740
Karnivour

Quote:

No problem with the attitude, I will extend my search for similar problems next time and hopefully will find the answer before asking :-)
Old 02-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #2741
dream_state
dream_state began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Hey, just installed this on my PW4, hoping to get the last book read as cover function working. Is this compatible with KOReader? I'm reading a pdf through that and when I exit KOReader and sleep I get "ScreenSavers hack hasn't processed a book cover".

*EDIT Found in FAQ PDF's not supported dang

Last edited by dream_state; 02-16-2019 at 09:27 PM.
dream_state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #2742
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_state View Post
Hey, just installed this on my PW4, hoping to get the last book read as cover function working. Is this compatible with KOReader? I'm reading a pdf through that and when I exit KOReader and sleep I get "ScreenSavers hack hasn't processed a book cover".

*EDIT Found in FAQ PDF's not supported dang
Careful now, you might get into trouble reading the directions.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:32 PM   #2743
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There's no interaction with KOReader, but then there doesn't need to be anymore, as KOReader has its own screensavers handling (provided you're not using a SO device).
Old 02-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #2744
vowi
vowi began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi experts :-) I'm on 5.10.2.1

thats why i installed the file: Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install
then i installed
kindle-python-0.15.N-r15706.tar.xz via KUAL MR Package installer

then i installed kindle-linkss-0.25.N-r15715.tar.xz also via KUAL MR Package installer

tried to enable ScreenSaver Hack. But it still isnt working.

i can disable it, so that the normal Screensavers are showing. But enabling the hack is only dimming light and showing the last screen.

what am i doing wrong?
vowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #2745
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You have a broken image in your pool. As soon as the Kindle hits an image it doesn't like, poof, nothing until the next restart.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch