Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
bluepiggy42
bluepiggy42 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Custom Columns Grouping Change

I participate in many GR challenges. I created a custom column/field a couple years ago so I can add this to my books. The nomenclature was 2018.Countdown, 2018.Monthly.12-Dec, 2019.Countdown, etc.

Up until this last update, it was grouping by the year because of the "." in the name. So I would open the Challenges folder, then I would see 2017, 2018 and 2019. Then I could open each of those to go into the specific challenge.

However, now the grouping is not looking at the numbers when it groups. It is only looking at the first character of 2 so now everything is grouping together.

Any thoughts?
bluepiggy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #2
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Are you saying that the "." indicating the heriarchal tag split into groups is being ignored?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you declare the column to be hierarchical in preferences?
preferences: Look & feel: Tag Browser (a tab): Categories with Hierarchical terms
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
did you declare the column to be hierarchical in preferences?
preferences: Look & feel: Tag Browser (a tab): Categories with Hierarchical terms
I was thinking the same thing.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:52 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My thought is that you told the tag browser to use first letters if the number of items is larger than X (Preferences / Behavior / Tag browser category partition method AND Preferences / Behavior / Tag Browser / Collapse when more items than [X]), and that there are now more than X items in the column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #6
bluepiggy42
bluepiggy42 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks all! That worked for me. I appreciate the help
bluepiggy42 is offline   Reply With Quote