a PDF file to Mobi file.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
tmpnkvee
tmpnkvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm afraid you'll probably have to write it yourself. No such beast exists that I know of.

Welcome to the forum, though.

EDIT: There's probably open-source java code available for manipulating PDFs, but the only open-source code for manipulating MOBIs that I know of is either in Perl (MobiPerl) or Python (calibre).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
tmpnkvee
tmpnkvee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm afraid you'll probably have to write it yourself. No such beast exists that I know of.

Welcome to the forum, though.

EDIT: There's probably open-source java code available for manipulating PDFs, but the only open-source code for manipulating MOBIs that I know of is either in Perl (MobiPerl) or Python (calibre).

Hi DiapDealer,

Thank you so much. How PDF to Mobi conversion will become easier? I mean what will be the best intermediate file ...

PDF -> HTML -> Mobi? Or
PDF -> Images (.pmg,.tiff,.jpg?) -> Mobi?
PDF -> EPUB -> Mobi?

I am new to this file formats.

Appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance.

---
tmpnkvee
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Converting from pdf is always a problem and requires some further work afterwards.

You can try how the Mobipocket Creator works for you. You will find this program at www.mobipocket.com
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
tmpnkvee
tmpnkvee began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF to Mobi conversion required

Hi All,

We need to convert PDF files to Mobi files using java.

As there are no such direct apis, we want to know the best approach.

PDF -> convert to Html -> convert html files to Mobi file.
PDF -> convert to Image (.png\.tif\.jpg\.gif) -> convert image files to Mobil file.
PDF -> convert to Text -> convert text files to Mobil file.

is this best approach? if not what could be the best approach?

Thanks in Advance,
tmpnkvee
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There is no "best" approach. Converting from PDF almost always involves manual intervention of some kind. What works well for one PDF may turn out to be a disaster for a different PDF.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-05-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: annoying typos
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote