Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
Seawolff
Seawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterSeawolff can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo
Post [Tuto] How to transfer reading stat between Kobo

All your reading stats, shelves, collections,... are stored in a DB named "KoboReader.sqlite" in the folder /.kobo, you just have to change a line in this database to make it work. You can just copy that file from one device to the other but your new kobo will show en error.

1/you have to copy all the folders and files from your first kobo to the new device except the folder .kobo.
2/ go to .kobo on your old device, copy KoboReader.sqlite on your computer, do the same on your new device to saved it in case something went wrong
3/switch on your new kobo and log to your kobo account
4/ download and instal SQLite Expert Personal from http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html
5/ connect your new kobo to your computer
6/launch SQLite Expert, go to File/Open Database and open .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite on your new kobo
7/clic on the "user" database, click on "Data" , right-click on the data line and finally on "Copy Records"
8/Still in SQLite Expert, go to File/Open Database and open the KoboReader.sqlite of your old kobo that you have saved on your computer
9/ go to user/data, right-click on the data line and finally on "Delete Selected Rows"
10/ clic on the green "+" to add a new row, right clic on it and "paste records"
11/paste the file KoboReader.sqlite (the one you have saved on your computer and you just have modified) on your new device
12/enjoy!
Seawolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:07 AM   #2
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Nice, I'll try it when Kobo releases a new model.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It worked, so I want to thank you as well.

I was able to transfer my activity data from an Aura H2O-1 to a Libra H2O. (Both running the same firmware 4.28....)

This should be pinned somewhere.
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #4
Elvys
Elvys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
I'm trying to migrate from a Libra to a Sage, but I'm stuck at step 7.
I'm using a Mac, so no SQLite Expert Personal for me. I've downloaded 5 different SQLite apps, 3 of them show a "File is not a database" error. One asks for a keyword (to decrypt the database?). The last one shows the list of tables, but apparently with no content.

Any idea what I should do?
Thanks!!
Elvys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:15 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvys View Post
I'm trying to migrate from a Libra to a Sage, but I'm stuck at step 7.
I'm using a Mac, so no SQLite Expert Personal for me. I've downloaded 5 different SQLite apps, 3 of them show a "File is not a database" error. One asks for a keyword (to decrypt the database?). The last one shows the list of tables, but apparently with no content.
Firstly, I would suggest DBBrowser for SQLite. That has a MAC version. It it what I now use on Windows and Linux and works well.

For the two errors, the second sound like you tried to open "BookReader.sqlite" instead of "KoboReader.sqlite". "BookReader.sqlite" is another database on the device and is encrypted. Trying to open that would explain the error.

For the first error, the simplest answer would be that you selected the wrong file. Something I've done far to often The only other thing I can think of is that the database is corrupt. And for that to be the case, it would need to be very badly corrupt to get the error you are seeing rather than an error reporting that the database was corrupted.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:17 AM   #6
thetimekeeper
thetimekeeper began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Does reading stats being moved over include the page progress on both kobo and non kobo ebooks?
thetimekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 02:09 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetimekeeper View Post
Does reading stats being moved over include the page progress on both kobo and non kobo ebooks?
The instructions in the first post copy the full database to the new device. So, you get everything. If you are just interested in the reading status, that is, what books are finished or being read and the position, you can sync that through calibre and my Kobo Utilities plugin.

But, for purchased books, the reading status is synced to the Kobo server. After setting up the new device, the books and status will be synced. If you have purchased kepubs, the steps above should work, but, you should probably do a an account repair afterwards.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:23 AM   #8
Elvys
Elvys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the two errors, the second sound like you tried to open "BookReader.sqlite" instead of "KoboReader.sqlite". "BookReader.sqlite" is another database on the device and is encrypted. Trying to open that would explain the error.
That was indeed the problem, I can't believe my clumsiness…
Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetimekeeper View Post
Yes, it does. Also hours reading, which I found a waste to lose
Elvys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #9
robod
robod began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolff View Post
All your reading stats, shelves, collections,... are stored in a DB named "KoboReader.sqlite" in the folder /.kobo, you just have to change a line in this database to make it work. You can just copy that file from one device to the other but your new kobo will show en error.

1/you have to copy all the folders and files from your first kobo to the new device except the folder .kobo.
2/ go to .kobo on your old device, copy KoboReader.sqlite on your computer, do the same on your new device to saved it in case something went wrong
3/switch on your new kobo and log to your kobo account
4/ download and instal SQLite Expert Personal from http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html
5/ connect your new kobo to your computer
6/launch SQLite Expert, go to File/Open Database and open .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite on your new kobo
7/clic on the "user" database, click on "Data" , right-click on the data line and finally on "Copy Records"
8/Still in SQLite Expert, go to File/Open Database and open the KoboReader.sqlite of your old kobo that you have saved on your computer
9/ go to user/data, right-click on the data line and finally on "Delete Selected Rows"
10/ clic on the green "+" to add a new row, right clic on it and "paste records"
11/paste the file KoboReader.sqlite (the one you have saved on your computer and you just have modified) on your new device
12/enjoy!
Man... what a miracle. Really big thanks to you, this is working perfectly, this should be pinned!!

I just bought a Libra 2, coming from a 9 year old kobo glo, and i was very sad when I saw there was no way to migrate, not my books, but them with the anotations, highlighting, etc etc after so many years. This migrate pretty much everything that I can think about from my old kobo to the new one, like a complete backup.
robod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #10
stories13
stories13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Libra h2O, Kobo Libra2 HD
I'm not techie. Can someone explain how to do step 11? After I paste the record from 10, I don't know how does it get modified? Which KoboReader.sqlite file should I copy to the device?
stories13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:01 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stories13 View Post
I'm not techie. Can someone explain how to do step 11? After I paste the record from 10, I don't know how does it get modified? Which KoboReader.sqlite file should I copy to the device?
The one you made changes to. Which is the one opened in step 8 and is from the old device.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:31 AM   #12
stories13

Quote:
The one you made changes to. Which is the one opened in step 8 and is from the old device.
After pasting, do I need to save the changes before I transfer to the new ereader? Can't find any button to do that. Does the change gets saved automatically?
Old 01-15-2022, 08:11 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stories13 View Post
After pasting, do I need to save the changes before I transfer to the new ereader? Can't find any button to do that. Does the change gets saved automatically?
From a quick test, it looks like SQLite Expert writes the updates automatically.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:16 AM   #14
stories13

Quote:
From a quick test, it looks like SQLite Expert writes the updates automatically.
Thank you thank you! I started over and finally got it to work.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:14 PM   #15
Jet.Setter
Jet.Setter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Exclamation For those migrating from older devices

I registered just to say thank you for this! I'm super excited to have been able to keep all my data while moving over to my new device. I did run into one issue, so I also want to add my feedback.

(For the record, I was migrating the data from my Kobo Touch to my Kobo Clara HD.)

At Step 11 I ran into an error trying to paste the records. It turns out the (old) Kobo Touch had two additional columns in the user database called "PrivacyPermissions" and "AnnotationsMigrated" that do not exist in the (New) Kobo Clara's KoboReader.sqlite file. On the old Kobo's user data line I needed to right click and select "select columns" and then remove these two columns before pasting the new data in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	206
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	191642   Click image for larger version

Name:	OldKobo.png
Views:	209
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	191643  
Jet.Setter is offline   Reply With Quote