Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Unofficial cover kobo sage?

Has anyone seen third-party cases for sale for the kobo sage? the official is very expensive
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:19 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Only pouch covers on etsy so far. I’d bet by mid November or the end of November we’ll see some from other companies.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

too late, I'm afraid I'll fall into temptation and buy the official one
Old 10-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
too late, I'm afraid I'll fall into temptation and buy the official one
I’ve already bought a cheap sleeve. But I then did weaken and buy the official cover. I’d rather have had a third party case from Kwmobile, like all my other kobo’s, but I’m more worried about not having a case.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:14 PM   #5
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I wouldn't buy a sleeve alone. I feel a case will be more protective of the screen for potential hits / cracks
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:54 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
You could check with Gecko to see if they are in the works? I've bought cheap covers on ebay etc before, but keep coming back to Gecko Slimfits.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:10 AM   #7
ersott
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
You could check with Gecko to see if they are in the works? I've bought cheap covers on ebay etc before, but keep coming back to Gecko Slimfits.
Looks good
Old 10-24-2021, 04:31 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Last time I bought a Gecko case for my H2O, the magnets were misaligned. I did end up sending it back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #9
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Last time I bought a Gecko case for my H2O, the magnets were misaligned. I did end up sending it back.
Last time I bought a Geckocover for my Aura One, I ended up loving it. And kept it. 😉
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Noreve, a company in France, produces high-priced [and worth it], premium cases for a number of ereaders (and other products). The cases for the two new Kobos are not yet available, but will be. They offer free shipping.

The cases are superb - simply the best.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #11
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I love the Noreve quality, the cover I order for my Nook was and still is superb, but they are too bulky for me.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #12
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am not a fan of Noreve cases.

Yes, Noreve uses premium materials (real leather) and are hand-made, which explains the heavy price-tag.

But the material is pretty much the only good quality.

On the other hand the leather also makes these cases extremely heavy. (They easily weigh 100g+ more then a regular cover.) Because they are hand-made, they don't always fit perfectly. And most of them are missing features, like a sleep-wake funktion, holding magnets, etc.

So sure, if you absolutely must have a real-leather case at any price, then there is not really an alternative. But these are far from beeing "the best" cases, you could buy.
kyôdai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #13
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyôdai View Post
And most of them are missing features, like a sleep-wake funktion, holding magnets, etc.
So it is, I looked through a couple of covers and did not see the presence of a magnets. The covers are very pretentious and beautiful, but in fact - uncomfortable.
They have been making covers for Kobo for seven or eight years, and still have not bothered to add at least a sleep function... I'm at a loss.

Last edited by Semwize; 10-24-2021 at 08:17 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 01:32 PM   #14
DarthV
Enthusiast
DarthV began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I’ve already bought a cheap sleeve. But I then did weaken and buy the official cover. I’d rather have had a third party case from Kwmobile, like all my other kobo’s, but I’m more worried about not having a case.
Which sleeve did you order? Like you, waiting on kwmobile or some other 3rd party (had a MoKo cover for my aura one) cover.
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #15
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthV View Post
Which sleeve did you order? Like you, waiting on kwmobile or some other 3rd party (had a MoKo cover for my aura one) cover.
I bought the cheapest sleeve, its by Emmerson Gray, on ebay. £10.99. it was a very nice sleeve but i returned it for a refund as i decided to get the official cover.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote