Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2021, 04:20 AM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Organization/Collections software for Android?

I've tried Calibre Companion, but it usually gives "The book file is missing!" errors, apparently because of path name errors.

I've also tried eLibrary Manager Basic, but it required me to read their terms, which would strobe and trigger my migraines if I tried to scroll down, and then would not let me accept the terms because it was incompatible with the e-ink screen.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:03 PM   #2
xeres
xeres began at the beginning.

Device: InkBook8/Icarus Illumina
(a late reply, I know)

Thank you - finding your post led me to installing this app on my "ancient" (Android 4.2) e-reader. I've had issues with re-installing the paid version of Calibre Companion after a device reset. The CC demo version works flawlessly.

It may be because I'm on an 8" e-reader that the accept/decline buttons are on the bottom of the page - I didn't have to scroll to click the button. It's clear that the app isn't designed for e-ink screens but it is functional. Icons are a tad small/low contrast but with time I will get used to where they are/what they do.

Perhaps you could email the developer (support@kpwsite.com)?

I can sort by book series on my device! These books are grouped into folders (hallelujah!) then individual books are listed below. I will miss connecting to Calibre as a wireless device (not the content server). I can happily live with this limitation because book series folders! I have to say after testing the basic version for less than ten minutes, I upgraded to the paid version because want to support this developer.
xeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The developer has abandoned CC and wants to sell it. Look in the CC subforum here.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:36 PM   #4
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
BookFusion eInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I've tried Calibre Companion, but it usually gives "The book file is missing!" errors, apparently because of path name errors.

I've also tried eLibrary Manager Basic, but it required me to read their terms, which would strobe and trigger my migraines if I tried to scroll down, and then would not let me accept the terms because it was incompatible with the e-ink screen.
You could take BookFusion for a spin. We recently released an updated version of our Android app that works really well for eInk when you read EPUBs. You can tap the edges to turn the pages with no animation.

Also, we already support Calibre via a plugin that allows you to quickly sync your eBooks to your devices via the BookFusion apps. More at https://www.bookfusion.com/reading/calibre

We will be releasing additional updates for PDF and the bookshelf later this year.

PS: Founder at BookFusion. Feel free to respond or DM with feedback or suggestions.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library management