Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
ebook download limit

I've tried downloading some books a couple of times from Amazon which I've previously purchased and gotten a notice that I reached the download limit and to purchase the ebook again. No thanks. Over the years I've downloaded this book across various kindles, tablets and computers (some of which have "died" and are no longer accessible). Is there any easy way to be able to download this book again?
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have never had that issue.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I've tried downloading some books a couple of times from Amazon which I've previously purchased and gotten a notice that I reached the download limit and to purchase the ebook again. No thanks. Over the years I've downloaded this book across various kindles, tablets and computers (some of which have "died" and are no longer accessible). Is there any easy way to be able to download this book again?
Call Amazon and let them know? They may be able to clear the flag?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
If the licenses weren't cleared by the removal of other devices, Amazon can clear them. The default number is 6, I believe. Some books, like textbooks, have fewer, and some have no limit.

Usually, removing the book from a device, and syncing, is all it takes.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
If the licenses weren't cleared by the removal of other devices, Amazon can clear them. The default number is 6, I believe. Some books, like textbooks, have fewer, and some have no limit.

Usually, removing the book from a device, and syncing, is all it takes.
I tried deleting the book from my kindle fire and then tried to download the book to my kindle for PC. Still got a prompt that the book could not be downloaded.
Advert
Old 08-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
I tried deleting the book from my kindle fire and then tried to download the book to my kindle for PC. Still got a prompt that the book could not be downloaded.
Have you contacted Amazon? Sounds like a glitch...

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Under "manage content and devices", if you click on DEVICES "tab", you should be able to delete devices that you no longer own. I would *hope* that this would clear their download count, but you might need to talk to amazon after you've deleted the dead devices.

(Hmmm .... 'bout time I edit my own devices. I don't know what half of them are. Done. Eventually I'll re-register any active devices that I may have accidentally removed.)

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 08-13-2018 at 04:18 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #8
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
OP, once you have tried what others have said and/or called Amazon it would be awesome if you could update the thread. I know I for one am curious to hear the outcome.

thank you
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:14 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It's been a known issue for a long time that some device Kindle apps sometimes clone themselves after the app is updated. So always keep an eye on the Devices registered at Content & Devices.

I don't know if it still happens, but it wasn't unusual to end up with those clones, and that could play havoc with the simultaneous licenses permitted.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #10
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

I went to the amazon website and under my devices>my contents this book was downloaded in four devices. None of which I want to deregister since I have lots of other books I want to read on these devices. When I tried to download the book to my kindle fire (the fifth device) I got the license limit warning prompt (see attachment). So for this particular book it appears that only four devices are allowed to contain the book at one time. I haven't contacted Amazon about it yet but I suspect the device download limit is set by the publisher and nothing can be done about it. Hence the last sentence in the warning prompt, "You may also purchase another copy from the Kindle Store."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.png
Views:	124
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	165564  
Old 08-14-2018, 06:19 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's issues like this that is a very good reason to remove the DRM. Once gone, you won't get this limit.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #12
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
A number of people have suggested contacting Customer Service and Ricky seems will to do almost anything except that. Perhaps he already knows why he's getting the message.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Deleted...already answered.

Last edited by Tarana; 08-14-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
...I haven't contacted Amazon about it yet but I suspect the device download limit is set by the publisher and nothing can be done about it. Hence the last sentence in the warning prompt, "You may also purchase another copy from the Kindle Store."
I think they sometimes tell you how many simultaneous devices you can load a particular book on in the book details section. Or at least it seems like I used to see that number. What happens when you delete the book from one of the other devices?

Last edited by rcentros; 08-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #15
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
A number of people have suggested contacting Customer Service and Ricky seems will to do almost anything except that. Perhaps he already knows why he's getting the message.
The reason is that after work the last thing I want to do at home is to call customer support. But your comment prompted me to contact amazon via chat.

Quote:
Amazon Your AccountAmazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: I downloaded the following book xxxxxxx to four devices. When I tried to download the book to my kindle fire I got a prompt that the license limit has been reached. Is the limit to download the book to only four devices limited to the publisher or is this something Amazon can change so I can download the book again to my kindle fire?

03:45 PM PDT (Amazon): Hello, I'm here to help you today.
03:45 PM PDT xxxxxxxxx: Ok
03:46 PM PDT xxxxx: No worries.
I will help you with this issue.
I will check this for you.
03:46 PM PDT xxxxxx: Thanks
03:46 PM PDT xxxxx: You're welcome!
03:47 PM PDT xxxx: May I know in which device you would like to download the book?
03:48 PM PDT xxxxx: Yes, it is a kindle fire
03:50 PM PDT xxxxx:I checked and see that you can able to download the book under four device.
03:51 PM PDT xxxx: I have sent the book to your fire device.
Now try to download the book and let me know.

03:54 PM PDT xxxxxx: Thank you. I was able to download the book to my kindle fire.
03:54 PM PDT xxxxx: Great!
Is all set now?
03:54 PM PDT xxxxx: Thank you for your help. Yes, it is all set now.
03:54 PM PDT xxxxx: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
03:55 PM PDT xxxx: No
03:55 PM PDT xxxxx: Thank you for contacting Kindle support. Have a great day!!​

Take care.

Bye! ​​

Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.​​​​
Thank you.
Amazon.com