Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #16
raindog89
Connoisseur
raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Nook Glowlight 3
Just got my Fintie case. Very happy with it.
raindog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #17
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Have ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078J4ZL6V

Should arrive tomorrow!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I wound up ordering this one: Fintie Nook GlowLight 3 Case - Slim Fit I like the official case and the Slim Shell case better, as I don't like the material covering parts of the bezel. But I'm not the one that will be using it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:11 PM   #19
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I got the fintie slim case. It's accurately pretty bulky but in a good way.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I got the fintie slim case. It's accurately pretty bulky but in a good way.
Since Fintie has two and calls them both slim, did you get the shell or the fit (the one that covers the bezel)? That's the one I ordered. But it hasn't arrived yet.
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #21
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Do the Fintie cases perform auto-sleep when closed?
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Since Fintie has two and calls them both slim, did you get the shell or the fit (the one that covers the bezel)? That's the one I ordered. But it hasn't arrived yet.
I think I remember him showing the "fit" listing when he bought it. I don't think the "shell" was shipping to Canada yet at the time.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:07 AM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think I remember him showing the "fit" listing when he bought it. I don't think the "shell" was shipping to Canada yet at the time.
Got the Slim Fit today. It's a nice case. I woiuld have bought the Slim Shell, since I don't like covering the bezels. But then, it's not for me.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:09 AM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
Do the Fintie cases perform auto-sleep when closed?
No, I don't think the official case does either. And my Fintie case for my tablet does. I believe the Glowlight 3 doesn't support sleep cases.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Got the Slim Fit today. It's a nice case. I woiuld have bought the Slim Shell, since I don't like covering the bezels. But then, it's not for me.
I feel the same. My Kindle Basic (8th Generation) has the Fintie Slim Shell case. I could have bought the Fintie Folio for it (which I think is basically the same as the Slim Fit for the Nook) but didn't want that one. I think Fintie has the same choices for the Nook GlowLight Plus also.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
No, I don't think the official case does either. And my Fintie case for my tablet does. I believe the Glowlight 3 doesn't support sleep cases.
I haven't seen anyone advertise the Sleep feature for the GlowLight 3 (including Barnes & Noble), so I'm pretty sure you're right. Seems like an odd feature to leave out.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #27
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
First one. It covers the bezel. Its chunky in a good way but light. It does not put the nook to sleep.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #28
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have the Glowlight 3 and the official Nook case for it and there is no sleep feature.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:10 PM   #29
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Fintie slimfit folio cover. It arrived a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy with it. It is protective and adds bulk, but not much weight.

This case has a rather soft hinge area. As a left-handed person, it seemed too mushy in my hand. I turned the nook 180 degrees around in the case and the hinge is on the right. Now my dominant hand has a solid grip on the case. The original cutout area for the charging cable is now on top, at the power button. The opening now used for the charger is a bit smaller, ~3mm, and it covers the LED. The light is very bright, however, so it's possible to see the amber/green-ness anyway.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #30
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I haven't seen anyone advertise the Sleep feature for the GlowLight 3 (including Barnes & Noble), so I'm pretty sure you're right. Seems like an odd feature to leave out.
The sleep/wake feature on my HD+ is kind of inconsistent, and often I'll click the power button to sleep it and the home button to wake it.

So clicking the power button on my NG3 isn't a big deal, and it works every time. Also, the e-ink screen doesn't use battery like the HD+ screen. Maybe this is why they didn't include the feature? (I use the very nice warm NG3 frontlight all the time, so I always put it to sleep manually, without waiting for it to time out.)
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote