Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #256
vva
vva began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaman View Post
Hi,
Anyone out there who can provide me with the update files for the Power Edge?
Much obliged :-)
try this (edit: you mean POCKET Edge, right? The below may ruin your full-size edge if installed. use caution)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245639
vva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #257
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
He could be referring to poweredge.apk. That's the program that keeps the EE (big eDGe) running without allowing hibernation. The EEs are notorious for hibernating and freezing... If vva's looking the poweredge.apk, I have it...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #258
Madpointdexter
Madpointdexter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
Hi Everyone!
FINAL UPDATE: I haven't had time to play with my PE in the last year, and I know now for sure I won't have time for that in the future. The RC3 version seems to have worked for most of the people, so you can consider it final (I don't have access to those files right now to make a properly named version).
For reference, you can download gapps.zip from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...on#Google_Apps. Check the README file to see which version you need to download.
UPDATE: I left the link to the RC3 only, since that's the best version. You can also download the files from http://edge.ympsa.com/, thanks to MasterTec.
The ZIP file has the update file and instructions. Unzip it first, and read the instructions!
Also, any library backup done before the update (unless you had a working Allmine installation) won't work! I recommend to move the library to the SD card before the upgrade as the best way to keep it.
I've left the rest of the post for historical reasons. :-)
===
I finally had the chance to finish the Golden Allmine update (no add-ons yet), so here it is. I have tried it in my PE, and the Market seems to work.
Remember, don't install this on a full-size eDGe!!
IMPORTANT: You need the same gapps.zip file that is used to install the regular Allmine in together with the update.zip file (check the Allmine thread for links).
There are a couple of things to be mindful of:
  • When I installed it, for some reason the Setup Wizard "force-closed" on me. I was able to continue by playing with the buttons and then it seemed to work. I don't see why that would happen, but that will probably need testing by other people.
  • This update, as a golden one, will erase EVERYTHING in the internal storage (apps, settings, library).
  • There might be issues with the library after installation. I think that problems will happen only if you have your library in the SD card, and haven't installed Allmine before installing this update. But there could be other issues...
Once this gets a good test and we get it to be safe, I will get to making a "pimped out " Allmine update with the suggestions from the "ROM Wishlist" thread.
Have fun!
--- 08/Dec/2011
New version, rc2!
This one has better library handling (it will recognize if there is a library in the SD card and configure the PE to use it directly). I have tried it from MicroSD (USB install is not guaranteed) and I could install the system and use the Market (without resorting to TiBackup or anything else) to install apps.
The text file included in the ZIP file has the instructions for installation.
This one looks quite good on my PE, I hope it works for everybody!
--- 15/Dec/2011
New (and possibly final) version!
This one should fix the cases where the Market still does not work after installation.
If your Market worked with the previous version, you should not need to upgrade to this one.
Donwload from:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwd865
Do any of these links actually work they are all dead I know they are a few years old but someone has to have some valid working software somewhere please help thanks.
Madpointdexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #259
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpointdexter View Post
Do any of these links actually work they are all dead I know they are a few years old but someone has to have some valid working software somewhere please help thanks.
Check this out:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174641
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote