Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See How do I move my calibre library from one computer to another?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijule View Post
Hi,
I'm a new member and am hoping for some help.
I am trying to copy the contents of my Calibre library from my Windows 7 PC to a Linx 10 tablet which is running Windows 8. I have followed the advice about saving to disc (I saved to a memory stick). I connected the memory stick to my tablet and tried to add books on the tablet using the option to add from a directory, as advised, but it didn't work. I have reset the database file and now all the books are listed but when I try to open a book I get a Critical error message "Failed to launch worker process etc.

Hope someone can help
Thanks
Also see third paragraph of ==>> How do I backup calibre? regarding relocating your configuration data.

All of that said, I don't understand why you're getting that specific error. Could you post the actual details of the error message. If it's a calibre generated error there should be a "Copy to Clipboard" button, click that and post content here, otherwise post a screen shot.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #18
Erijule
Erijule began at the beginning.

Device: Linx 10 Windows 8 tablet
Hi PeterT and BR,
thanks for your reply and advice - sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've been away from my PC. The problem is solved but I have no idea how the original issue was caused. I removed the Calibre programe from my Windows 8 tablet using Control Panel and all Calibre library directories manually then I started again. I installed the same version of Calibre on my Windows Tablet that I was using on my PC which was not the latest version. I then saved my PC Calibre library to a memory stick and followed the instructions in the FAQ to "import" the books into the new library on my Windows 8 tablet and it worked. From you posts it seems it would have been easier to simply copy my PC library to my tablet but at least it works.
thanks for you help
Erijule
Erijule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:54 PM   #19
Gr11zzly
Gr11zzly began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Genre categorization

I'm about to move a library--I have no issues with that but wish to know is there anything special I should do to ensure I also move my added "genre" column? Is this customization stored somewhere accessible or will it be part of the library metadata?
Thanks
Gr11zzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:42 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr11zzly View Post
I'm about to move a library--I have no issues with that but wish to know is there anything special I should do to ensure I also move my added "genre" column? Is this customization stored somewhere accessible or will it be part of the library metadata?
Thanks
@Gr11zzly - yes your genre column data is in the library database

You might also want to move your configuration folder, see third paragraph of ==>> How do I backup calibre? regarding its relocation.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, export library, moving