Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Diane L Kennedy
Diane L Kennedy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Kindle
Question organizing books

I have both a Kindle & a Nook with each others books on both.
Is there any way I can import my Kindle books into Caliibre, organize those book into folders (like the Nook does) and then put them back onto my Kindle and will that keep the books in the folders I created.
I hope that this makes sense.
Diane L Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
mmm with my Kindle books, I download them to my PC and import them into Calibre. I've not had any problems with book organization and then uploading/sideloading them to my Paperwhite or my tablet (Lenovo).

EDIT: after re-reading your post, I'm thinking you want to maintain the folder structure you created in Calibre. I don't think that's possible, at least I was never able to figure that out.

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 03-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
No but you can make Collections on the Kindle & put the ebooks in them
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
Diane L Kennedy
Diane L Kennedy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Kindle
organizing books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
No but you can make Collections on the Kindle & put the ebooks in them
I had hoped that I wouldn't have do that. I hate the Kindle's collection system. Not only do you have your downloaded books on the home screen, but now the collections are also on the home screen. I wanted to get the books organized so I can find my books faster & easier. Also clean up my home screen.
Diane L Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote