Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
stroking my new red laptop, and learning about Vista......not as bad as I feared. Altho I admit, I've barely scratched the surface...First thing I did was download Firefox. IE makes me nuts.
Congrats! Vista is not bad once you get used to it. If I didn't have to use XP for work, I'd go all Vista.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Did Vista for a whie but then upgraded to XP. I do not plan to go back.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

I would never in a million years have changed, but there was no option this time. So I will learn it or die trying! (picture a skeletal frame slumped over computer with skeletal fingers typing one last message to MR.........)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Having a Clinic Day from Hell...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #20
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Even with the student/office 2007? (word, etc) Where?? And yes, RED is a must!

Oh, did I say Costco extends the warranty to two years in home if necessary for free?
Don't worry ... you got a good deal.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #21
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Me too. I've got three copies of XP, and every time I get something with Vista on it ... I just strip the damn thing out and put XP on it.

For one thing, most of my peripherals don't have drivers for Vista, and I am not gong to go out and purchase all new everything else just to go with a new operating system.

Noooo thenkque.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Taking a break from reviewing resumes for a job opening I'm trying to fill
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Taking a break from reviewing resumes for a job opening I'm trying to fill
Thats got to be some mind numbing work.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I've been trapped inside all day waiting for a UPS delivery. While waiting I'm watching an episode of "Eureka" on my computer.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well it seems we all have a lot in common, since like so many others i also am browsing mr even as we speak (write) ! amazing coincidence, no ? heh heh...

actually my last tweet was about leaving for the tom waits concert and now i don't want to post anything else because i get a little thrill every time i see that.

so... i just came home from 1. ordering some stylie new sunglasses which will be ready tomorrow (and then i'll be able to wear them around town pretending i'm a movie star) 2. having a drink or three on a terrasse with a friend and 3. stopping over at another friend's house to drop off a book she wanted to borrow and have some tea and conversation for a lot longer than i anticipated.

Quote:
stroking my new red laptop, and learning about Vista......not as bad as I feared. Altho I admit, I've barely scratched the surface...First thing I did was download Firefox. IE makes me nuts.
hey... do you hear that noise ? that's the sound of webdesigners and coders the world over cheering and applauding you and shouting a heartfelt THANK YOU and BRAVO !!! if only *everyone* would, our jobs would be so much simpler...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 PM   #26
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Just in from dinner -- had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans (the flat kind), creamed corn, biscuits and lettuce salad. Three of the waitstaff asked about my Kindle.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am currently washing the bedding and vacuuming the bed (dogs + beach = sand dunes forming in the bed). While that's going on, I'm finishing up on catching up on MR's overnight traffic, and then I will be going upstairs to continue to classify and keyword and categorise photos in Aperture (I'm about to start on the backlog of scanned negatives - scanning is incomplete too - and the DSLR's photos, after having done the P&S digi's and the scanned slides and polaroids. In other words, the real work is about to begin).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Waiting for a large 3d file to load so I can take out one small piece, put it into a medium-sized file, then import all that into another large file. So I can finish one image that goes in one page on this manga I am crazy enough to be working on.

Dang, still hasn't finished loading.

Oh, there it is! Wow, it merged into the file I was working on before. No wonder it took so long. Better hurry and do what I need to before the whole system goes down under the load....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
going to bed, a mere 4 hours late or so. nighty night all.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #30
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
going to bed, a mere 4 hours late or so. nighty night all.
...and it's about time. Are you "remarkably loquacious" in your sleep?

Hey, look at my latte! In my "latte-art" it looks like a dove and a dolphin doing the whole Yin-Yang thing with each other. Very groovy, baby.

(by which I mean to say "I'm sitting back, after putting on another load of washing, and having another coffee")

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?