Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
karimnaguib
karimnaguib began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Adding custom fields to the main UI

I was wondering if I can add a new field/column to the main metadata entry UI instead of a new tab .. is that possible ? if yes How?
karimnaguib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What Tab?
Preferences: Add your own columns:

Now there IS a tweak for The edit metadata screen (but not for the Bulk mode) display Preferences: Tweaks: ( I will let you browse the possibilities )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
karimnaguib
karimnaguib began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
if I open the edit metadata screen, there's BASIC METADATA tab and a CUSTOM METADATA tab.

I have a LARGE library to manage, for example I don't need the RATING part.
I wanna replace it with another custom columns (say 'CATEGORY').

Is that possible ?
Can I even add more to the BASIC METADATA tab or not ?
karimnaguib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimnaguib View Post
if I open the edit metadata screen, there's BASIC METADATA tab and a CUSTOM METADATA tab.

I have a LARGE library to manage, for example I don't need the RATING part.
I wanna replace it with another custom columns (say 'CATEGORY').

Is that possible ?
Can I even add more to the BASIC METADATA tab or not ?
No!
Use the Preference: Behavior: All on one tab option.
Note: I misspoke saying Tweak. This is a Preferance
Old 10-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@karimnaguib - In addition to the layout options that the_ducks has told you about, these tweaks may help - there's one to order the custom columns - metadata_edit_custom_column_order - I'm not sure if its applied to bulk, and there's another one for custom column layout metadata_single_use_2_cols_for_custom_fields

Since chaley did some cosmetic but invaluable changes to the spreadsheet, and made it easy set dates and integers to undefined and I discovered I can edit custom comments from there too, I've said goodbye to the Edit Metadata dialogues for single book edits.

I never found a combination of layouts and tweaks that resulted in an Edit Metadata dialogue with which I could work productively. Now I don't care.

ETA : Another advantage of editing the cells is that you can arrange them in a sequence that suits your purpose, intermingling standard and custom columns and omitting irrelevant columns - eg for my journal library I don't have ratings, series or tags on the spreadsheet.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-05-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added ETA
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

This did not evolve into a Developers question:

Moderator Notice
Please read the sticky before posting in Development. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122042